Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mnsandler
    replied
    I started the UI for device settings. the problem as I see it is i can't replicate all the device configurations (edit link, reprogram butns) on the device setting page. I can only put simple settings

see the following post
    https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/li...e2#post1464314

Leave a comment:

• mrceolla
    replied
    I'm not exactly sure I understand the impacts of one way or the other, but I will say I do like and often use the Manage Devices page, where I can see all of my Insteon devices listed together with important information. I like checking comm stats and running comm tests from that page. I also like being able to see all of my Insteon groups together, and copying one to make a slightly different one. And then there's the main Insteon config and functions page, I'm not sure where that would go. I don't yet run HS4 and don't know what a HS4 feature page is, so maybe that's where the top-level Insteon config would go?

Leave a comment:

• jrbaldwin
    replied
    Even though I have HS4 Pro installed I find that I use the HS3 legacy pages. I mainly use my windows 10 desktop computer and like the more compact HS3 views. So I would prefer option one. But I understand sooner or later I will have to move to the HS4 pages. From a programing viewpoint and future proofing your Insteon plugin option two would be best and I would have to adapt to the new look & feel.

Leave a comment:

• mnsandler
    started a topic Looking for HS4 Insteon plugin UI input

Looking for HS4 Insteon plugin UI input

I'm starting to work on the HS4 UI that involved adding, editing, and deleting Devices and Groups

I guess there are two approaches:

1. Rebuild the complex set of webpages similar to HS3 (this will take longer, and must be changed to fit the new HS4 UI standards )
    2. Build a simple add page for devices and groups, and then have the insteon settings built into the new HS4 feature pages

comments and suggestions welcome on this UI topic only.

** Please don't post issues or comments about using the HS3 plugin with HS4 here. I will delete them. I need to keep this thread focused
Working...
X