All Devices to Off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All Devices to Off

I have a SwitchLinc Dimmer and KeypadLinc setup in a group and they respond appropriately.

When I issue an All Devices to Off command via an event it turns off the SwitchLinc dimmer however the KeypadLinc grouped button remains on.

Is this intended or have I missed/not set something correctly.

Thanks so much

all switches should have a link like the following. if the devices show this link but its not working, then delete the link, and run the program device for homeseer to recreate it

Load is controlled by HomeSeer using RF PLM Group #254 (HomeSeer All Devices Group) - On Level : On
    Mark

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 (by Kirby) | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | NetCAM | MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Jon00 Charting
    Platform: HP h8-1360t, Windows Server 2012 R2, i7-3.4GHz, 16GB memory

Comment

That worked great. Thanks so much, I appreciate it.

Comment

sometimes the link databases get corrupt and just need to be reprogrammed.
        Mark

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 (by Kirby) | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | NetCAM | MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Jon00 Charting

Comment

I would like to know if the All Devices to Off command should also turn off a KeypadLinc button other than the load button that is grouped with another device that is turned off by the All Devices Off command. Even when performing the delete and reprogram I’m not able to get that scenario to work.
          Thanks again

Comment

short answer, no. the all devices is designed to turn off the load only.
            Mark

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534

Comment

I don't remember if this was only with my older KeypadLincs, but I created some of my own "Off" groups and discovered I needed to set that group to Off instead of On in order to get the associated buttons to turn off. Even though all participating devices in the group were set to "Off", and I should get the same behavior if I set the group to On or Off, the non-load buttons only worked correctly one way. Just wanted to mention that in case it helps.
              HomeSeer 3, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Smart Speakers, Foscam cameras, Amcrest camera, RCA HSDB2a doorbell
              Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Comment

Ok, thanks mrceolla for the suggestion as I am now thinking about the best way to approach that.

Comment

you can build your own 'all devices' group and include any set of devices and buttons you want. and then just ignore the built in group
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534

Comment

Working...
                  X