Running a second PLM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Running a second PLM?

I've got a question in regards to adding a second PLM. I'd really like to use the link editor in your plugin to mange my groups and device links to use in Home Assistant. The insteon integration in Home Assistant doesn't really allow for easy link editing, or group creation and that is what's holding me back from giving a serious look at Home Assistant.

That being said what I'm trying to do is add a couple links manually so that I could add the Responder / Controller links to an additional PLM running on a different machine to devices already registered to homeseer via your plugin.

Those links that say "Switch/Load has local control reporting to HomeSeer"

Right now if I add a device that has some links for the other PLM, I get a warning:
    Warning: This Insteon device controls or is controlled by devices you have not yet registered with the plug-in. HomeSeer may not be aware of any control commands that might come from the unregistered device. Please add the unknown device to your system if possible.

Short of factory resetting all of my devices to program them with home assistant and then figuring out how to create new groups and abandon HS all in one swoop, I'm not sure if my multiple automation system will work.

I thought in theory, if each insteon device also had links to and from the other PLM this could work... Am I overlooking something? When I try and add the PLM as a device, it's not supported by your plugin, which means I can't use the UI to create or edit links to it, it's considered a unregistered device and I can't register it.

I guess with all of my ramblings, it amounts to me looking for some guidance if this is a fools errand, or I might actually get somewhere.

Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

the plugin isn't going to support what you are trying to do. you might be able to use the same plm in hs and home assistant. You will need to register devices in both platforms. Even after all that, there is no guarantee that links created in one platform will be supported in the other.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 (by Kirby) | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | NetCAM | MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Jon00 Charting
    Platform: HP h8-1360t, Windows Server 2012 R2, i7-3.4GHz, 16GB memory

Comment

Darn... Thanks for the response. It feels so close, like if I could only add a couple more links via your plug-in I'd be right there, but it sounds like maybe I should give up.

Oh well, it was worth a shot. Unfortunately, I'm nearly ready to rip out my over 70 wall switches and replace them with something that's more actively supported in the Home Assistant community. Your plugin has been amazing for me, for a lot of years, but I'm just tired of giving HomeSeer my money to have them create a mediocre product with high hopes and high expectations yet I'm always let down.
      Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

Comment

The Insteon PLM's are back in stock again at several suppliers. Must have been a short term out of stock situation rather than being discontinued. Whew!!

Comment

Working...
        X