Insteon Max Device Count vs System Response time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JimSpy View Post
    A group Off cmd is always going to turn every participant Off.

Now, here's something I did not know and always wondered. Does this apply to turning off a SCENE in HomeSeer?
    does homeseer have a SCENE construct?

within the insteon plugin a scene = a group
    Mark

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 (by Kirby) | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | NetCAM | MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Jon00 Charting
    Platform: HP h8-1360t, Windows Server 2012 R2, i7-3.4GHz, 16GB memory

Comment

I think z-wave uses the scene term for groupings
      HomeSeer 3, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Smart Speakers, Foscam cameras, Amcrest camera, RCA HSDB2a doorbell
      Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post

does homeseer have a SCENE construct?

within the insteon plugin a scene = a group
        Well, yes, Homeseer calls them SCENES, Insteon calls them GROUPS. So you're saying that turning a GROUP off turns all members off, regardless of how they behave with a GROUP ON command.

With the Insteon PI, creating a GROUP in Insteon automaticallly creates a corresponding SCENE in HomeSeer. (I don't know what happens with other hardware platforms). The HS SCENE can then be toggled on or off, or you can just select the <BLANK>, which, I have no clue what that does. But I always wondered what turning off a SCENE meant, and now I know.

Jim Speiser
        35-year veteran of Home Automation
        Still don't know squat

Comment

‚Äč‚Äč
          Originally posted by mnsandler View Post

groups can adjust every light to different levels and different ramp rates. A group On command can even turn some lights On and others Off. A group Off cmd is always going to turn every participant Off.
          Sorry to hijack the post.

When I set the group to 'Off' in an event, the log shows that devices in that group are turned 'On'.

Click image for larger version

Name:	210427 ELog.png
Views:	41
Size:	13.1 KB
ID:	1471545

Name:	210427 Event.png
Views:	43
Size:	23.7 KB
ID:	1471543

Name:	210427 Group definition.png
Views:	39
Size:	179.6 KB
ID:	1471544

Comment

Originally posted by claude View Post
            ‚Äč‚Äč

Sorry to hijack the post.

When I set the group to 'Off' in an event, the log shows that devices in that group are turned 'On'.

Name:	210427 ELog.png
Views:	41
Size:	13.1 KB
ID:	1471545

Name:	210427 Event.png
Views:	43
Size:	23.7 KB
ID:	1471543

Name:	210427 Group definition.png
Views:	39
Size:	179.6 KB
ID:	1471544
            how do the actual devices respond? do they turn on or off?
            Mark

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534
            Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway
            Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 (by Kirby) | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | NetCAM | MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Jon00 Charting
            Platform: HP h8-1360t, Windows Server 2012 R2, i7-3.4GHz, 16GB memory

Comment

I do it a little differently. I have separate groups for "off" events. I needed to do this since in a lot of cases I have the lights slowly dim down using the ramp rate settings. I found that it works best if instead of turning the "off" group on, I turn the "off" group off. This was the only way to get any keypadlinc buttons in the group to turn off.

Comment

Originally posted by joegr View Post
                I do it a little differently. I have separate groups for "off" events. ... I found that it works best if instead of turning the "off" group on, I turn the "off" group off. This was the only way to get any keypadlinc buttons in the group to turn off.
                Same here, for the same reason. I definitely ran into that with my old keypadlincs. I don't think I had a need for that particular situation with any of my newer ones.
                HomeSeer 3, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Smart Speakers, Foscam cameras, Amcrest camera, RCA HSDB2a doorbell
                Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Comment

Working...
                X