Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon Lot for sale

Hey guys,

I'm no longer running Homeseer or Insteon. Sad...I know. I've been a huge user and I wanted to offer my equipment here first before i move it to other forums.

Here is the list:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Some of my stuff has never been used. I'll try and provide the newest stuff to the first ones that reply.

I'd like to keep a min order to $200 to avoid shipping a ton of stuff. I added retail pricing and then what I'm offering it for.

Let me know if you have any questions. Here is my profile on ebay

-Dan

Nice list. Have to see if I can match $200 worth against things I need.

Comment

Someone snatched up some good stuff, I've updated the spreadsheet to reflect the most recent purchase. PM me if you have any questions or what photos.

Comment

Wow, an access point! You might want to just donate that to The Museum of Antique Smarthome Devices, for the deduction!

Jim Speiser
        35-year veteran of Home Automation
        Still don't know squat

Comment

Originally posted by JimSpy View Post
          Wow, an access point! You might want to just donate that to The Museum of Antique Smarthome Devices, for the deduction!
          Its still sold today. Insteon has rebranded it as a range extender and put it in the new style package. It's also used as a phase coupler to bridge between both phases. I eventually replaced it with a phase coupler (SignalLinc) to improve communication.

Comment

I still have a Smarthome X-10 to Insteon Translator from the 2005 Beta. I wonder if there is still a market for that gizmo? Maybe mnsandler can add support for it in his plugin.

Comment

Originally posted by DanITman View Post

Its still sold today. Insteon has rebranded it as a range extender and put it in the new style package. It's also used as a phase coupler to bridge between both phases. I eventually replaced it with a phase coupler (SignalLinc) to improve communication.
              Ah! I learned something.

But I thought the idea was to bridge the phases via RF, not PL? And the fact that you had to put in a genuine old-style phase coupler makes my point for me - the access point is a dunsel. ???

Jim Speiser
              35-year veteran of Home Automation
              Still don't know squat

Comment

Originally posted by JimSpy View Post

Ah! I learned something.

But I thought the idea was to bridge the phases via RF, not PL? And the fact that you had to put in a genuine old-style phase coupler makes my point for me - the access point is a dunsel. ???
                The problem with only bridging the pahases via RF is that Insteon tends to show priority to the PL messages over RF. I've noticed this a few times and its big reason I had so many filterlinc installed. If a message gotten eat up on the PL side it wouldn't continue on the RF side. I made multiple attempts to fix this and you are seeing the progression of that fix. I ultimately settled on a Phase Coupler in my electrical panel and I eventually found the device that was eating messages (xbox 360 power supply). I still used the filterlinc to help ensure a health insteon network. I think there were many request on here to disable the PL side an only rely on RF but I don't think Insteon has listened to that.

-Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanITman View Post
                  Someone snatched up some good stuff, I've updated the spreadsheet to reflect the most recent purchase. PM me if you have any questions or what photos.
                  Still some good stuff there, but I can't get to $200 in stuff I'd need/want.

Comment

Originally posted by RogerL View Post

Still some good stuff there, but I can't get to $200 in stuff I'd need/want.
                    DM me what you want. I'll look into it.

Comment

Working...
                    X