X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

try a manual factory reset on the plm. see the plm doc
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
      try a manual factory reset on the plm. see the plm doc
      did that... now get 4 devices, 3 plugin, and the 6way wall outlet..

3 wall (2 on/off, 1 dimmable) , 1 plugin (RIGHT next to the other that works) and my I/O linc not working..

Comment

Originally posted by sdetweil View Post

been working like this for almost 5 years, actually the interface was plugged into a power strip plugged into the UPS.
        You have been lucky. In addition to what Burrington said about running only on RF, I used to have my HS3 Pi plugged into a APC UPS but realized the UPS was a liability. I went away from the house for a month and while gone there was a power failure that lasted longer than the UPS battery could run so it shutdown as did the HS3 system. When power was restored the UPS did not automatically turn on so it sat there for weeks with no lights on at the house. Got back home, pulled out the UPS and the HS3 and 2413U PLM system has been running just fine through power failures for a couple years.

Comment

Originally posted by allenc3 View Post

You have been lucky. In addition to Burrington said about running only on RF, I used to have my HS3 Pi plugged into a APC UPS but realized the UPS was a liability. I went away from the house for a month and while gone there was a power failure that lasted longer than the UPS battery could run so it shutdown as did the HS3 system. When power was restored the UPS did not automatically turn on so it sat there for weeks with no lights on at the house. Got back home, pulled out the UPS and the HS3 and 2413U PLM system has been running just fine through power failures for a couple years.
          yeh, got covid jan1, went to the hospital, jan 9, my son came on jan 15, hoping I would come home soon, and the controller died the night he got there, so automated lights didn't...
          made it thru all the power cycles in the freeze in texas this winter... lost power a dozen times.. 2-10 hours only a few PI's connected to that ups.

Comment

the previous owner says it was setup with houselinc.. its v 2.1 firmware...from the label

Comment

so, the 3 wall switches are on a different phase from the interface, the I/Olinc was not blinking indicating on same phase
              and the other plugin is on the same extension cord as the one that works (they control the lights above/below my kitchen cabinets, I have the 8 button remote, and it still controls the devices, wirelessly)... (the outlet in the office is the same phase as the kitchen where I was testing)

none of those devices have moved at all so it sounds like this is an RF problem the reason for dual band
              I had a phase bridge in my old house. IF I pulled it, 5 years ago, I don't remember where it would be
              I used all the switches here

Comment

getting another , new, 2413u

Comment

my new 2413U arrived today and it worked perfectly... SO, hardware problem ..

Comment

Glad you got your system working. thanks for reporting back.
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
                    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
                    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
                    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Working...
                    X