This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon Light Issue-HomeSeer 4

I have 2 lights and a fan switch in my bathroom. The lights are Insteon switches. The fan is standard switch. Sometimes when I turn off the fan, it blinks off the lights too. And once in a while, it will lock up both Insteon switches and I have to go flip the breaker on and off to get it to respond again. Any ideas why?

no idea why the fan is turning off the insteon switches; maybe noise. you should be able to pull the set button on the switches to power cycle them (without fiipping the breaker)

can you install a noise filter on the fan?
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

The fan when running produces an inductive voltage spike on the 120 volt AC when it gets turned off. Can also produce a voltage spike when turned on but usually not as big a spike as when turned off. This spike can easily cause a problem for the Insteon microcontroller in the switch. I have noticed older switches will just lockup but newer ones will restart and be ok. You can tell if this spike thing is happening if you look at the white switch led when turning off the fan and the led blinks or turns off. If it turns off you have to pull the air gap and reset the switch.

Comment

There is a post about this exact issue. In that post there is a discussion about installing an MOV to absorb the back EMF produced when the fan is turned off.

Here is that post https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...-bath-vent-fan

Comment

drhtmal-htanks. My fan is exactly like that one they are showing. Will try the fix.

Comment

Working...
          X