Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon device not appearing in events after update to 4.2.7

Reposting fro HS4 beta forum

I updated to the latest beta 4.2.7 and have started as a service. Four of my previously created Insteon devices now show blank in events, and those same devices are no longer available to add under events. The ones that are blank still function in existing events. Tried adding the floor as advised elsewhere but no change. Tried reprogramming devices. No change. Tried deleting and reinstalling one of the devices. Still not available in events and no longer function from events.

All of these devices show on device page and function properly from there, just do not show up as available in events. All other devices show available in events, just not the 4 that are having issue. And all functioned fine under previous version 4.2.6
    Any help greatly appreciated!

Also tried factory reset and reprogram, no change.

Tags: None

can you post a few pics of the event definition and what triggers or actions you are using

since this is a hs beta, please check/post to the hs beta forum as well to see if others are having this issue.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

I also posted to the beta forum.

here are some pix so you can see what’s going on.

Click image for larger version

Name:	A68AF7AD-96DE-4822-9B67-3BF623F75B8D.jpeg
Views:	217
Size:	69.1 KB
ID:	1512200Click image for larger version

Name:	2098F3D9-310B-4D56-AEE4-9FAD233CDDC5.jpeg
Views:	202
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	1512201Click image for larger version

Name:	95060AE0-26ED-44AB-BF6E-F5700495FCA0.jpeg
Views:	210
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	1512202Click image for larger version

Name:	CCDF1719-1790-4A4B-B449-2B9AF576670D.jpeg
Views:	214
Size:	29.1 KB
ID:	1512203Click image for larger version

Name:	0E187872-4E13-445E-9F5D-A8FFDAAFA418.png
Views:	206
Size:	185.2 KB
ID:	1512204

first 4 are the screens from the device. Last is example of how some devices appear fine, others are blank but still function, and one that I tried to fix and it no longer functions from the event. All devices appear to be fine in the devices Home Screen, and work fine there. They just don’t show up in events.

thanks!

Comment

Interesting follow up. While I still do not see the Insteon devices while programming event to “control device” in events, I do see the same devices show up as available in “Insteon Light on at Ramp Rate” in the same events. Unfortunately there is no “Insteon off” in the list of options.

Comment

Been trying this “Insteon Light on at Ramp Rate” command, unfortunately it does not appear to work with my setup. While HS device page shows that the event works, the device itself is not changed. For example if I program the light to come on at 50%, the device page shows that device at 50%, but the light does not come on. am running HS4 on Win 10 using Insteon Hub.

Comment

please enable detailed logging in the plugin, then trigger the event manually, and post the hs log snippet from the entries. I need to see if the plugin generates any insteon cmds.

Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
            Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
            Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
            Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Here is the log for the Insteon Light ramp command:

Click image for larger version

Name:	CB178E5E-743D-44B5-B0B2-F3C08C619A53.png
Views:	151
Size:	301.8 KB
ID:	1512280

Comment

this log is exactly what i would expect for this transaction. the device even responded correctly

does the lights on at ramp rate action work on any device?
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Yes, tried it on some other lights and it works fine. Just the 4 that do not show up in the events. But they all work fine from device page.

Comment

please post the link to the post in the beta thread.
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Hope this will work

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...ing-as-service

Comment

Ah Ha!!! Think I may have it. All of my devices in the Living Room were given the location “Living Room” years ago. As I’ve updated there has been no issues with this. Somewhere along the line this has apparently become an issue. When I remove the space, so change “Living Room” to “LivingRoom” all is well!!! All issues go away. And for some reason it appears to have impacted those 4 devices even though they were created at the same time as the others that have no issue.

Since this morning I have gone back to the problematic devices and deleted space and saved, they then worked, and then gone back to the same device and inserted space and saved, they stopped working. Did that several times on several devices with consistent results. I even deleted the device, reset to factory defaults, and started from scratch, recreating and got the same results.

This is 4 devices out of 63 that are showing this issue. I added spaces to other devices that have been fine and they still work fine.

Comment

thanks for posting back your findings.
                          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                          X