Insteon Devices Turned on - Change to 99%...solved

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thetaz01 View Post
    I know ITS driving me nuts this system and plug in has been working for me for YEARS! never had anything like this before, and it all the sudden started happening and cant corilate it to anything..
    Sure thing, here you go
    May I ask, what sort of bulb do you have in the physical light fixture you are controlling? Is it by any chance a "smart" bulb? Reason I ask is, setting a Smart bulb to 100% automatically triggers its setup function. Some interface somewhere may be aware of this and is preventing it from going into setup.

I know, grasping at straws...but its as close as I can come to making sense.

Jim Speiser
    38-year veteran of Home Automation
    Still don't know squat

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
      from your log, it would appear you are using the dim slider to control the device not the On button
      Hey mark good morning, be aware, that control was Manual, i walked over to the switch and pressed the physical INSTEON switch in my outlet box.
      this was NOT a device control..
      BOTH of my HStouch screens that have this control, are ON/OFF control only see attached screen shot

i tested on 3.0.7.41 runing the same version of HS3, i get the following when i click a switchlinc On button
      are there links from other device to this switch that might be causing this behavior? please check the links to this device. can you post them here?

what about an event action related to this switch?
      please find link table, very simple

Device Link Table
      Link #5 Switch/Load controls Den Fluorescent Light Button B (1F.12.5C)
      Link #2 Switch/Load has local control reporting to HomeSeer
      Link #4 Switch/Load is controlled by Den Fluorescent Light Button B (1F.12.5C) - On Level: 100%, Ramp Rate: .1 Sec.
      Link #1 Switch/Load is controlled by HomeSeer using RF PLM Group #0 (i2CS Registration Link) - On Level: 100%, Ramp Rate: .5 Sec.
      Link #3 Switch/Load is controlled by HomeSeer using RF PLM Group #254 (HomeSeer All Devices Group) - On Level: 100%, Ramp Rate: .1 Sec.

and there are no event triggers for this device..

Please keep in mind this happens To EVERY SINGLE one of my dimmable switches..
      NOT just this one, im using this one as an example cause its right over my desk for testing
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by JimSpy View Post

May I ask, what sort of bulb do you have in the physical light fixture you are controlling? Is it by any chance a "smart" bulb? Reason I ask is, setting a Smart bulb to 100% automatically triggers its setup function. Some interface somewhere may be aware of this and is preventing it from going into setup.

I know, grasping at straws...but its as close as I can come to making sense.
        Thanks so much for the out of box thinking
        but these are standard LED light bulbs, which have been the same bulbs for years, the bulbs havent changed, but the behavior has changed

Comment

Mark
          I had some time today to mess around with this....
          I mentioned i am using the homebridge-Homeseer4 plug in on a PI to get my SIri integration
          Homebridge Homeseer4
          homebridge-homeseer4 v1.0.24
          It appears, that when i turn on a Light to 100
          the homebridge plug in, is actually fighting the 100
          [5/9/2022, 11:14:01 AM] [HomeSeer] HomeSeer device: 90: new value 100, had old value 0
          [5/9/2022, 11:14:01 AM] [homebridge-homeseer4] This plugin generated a warning from the characteristic 'Brightness': characteristic was supplied illegal value: number 100 exceeded maximum of 99. See https://git.io/JtMGR for more info.
          [5/9/2022, 11:14:02 AM] [HomeSeer] HomeSeer device: 90: new value 99, had old value 100
          I unplugged this device to connect my homeseer to homekit, and the problem goes away!
          I reached out to the developer of the Homebridge-Homeseer4 plug in for homebridge.
          ill keep you posted
          thanks

Comment

thanks for identifying and reporting the issue
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
            Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
            Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
            Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

So to update everyone on this..
              i spoke with the developer for the Homebridge-Homeseer4 homebridge plug in
              "The original code was written around Z-wave, but there is a work around for this which involves using the "levels" configuration parameter to change the allowed levels to 100."
              But he did mention to me
              "
              Or give me through the weekend and I'll see if I can implement a fix where I only use the "99" level setting for z-wave and use 100 levels otherwise"

so i asked him if he could update the plug in, to only use the 99 for zwave that would be awesome!
              So anyone else using this, should HOPEFULLY see a resolve in a week or so

Fred

Comment

thanks for updating us.
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
                Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
                Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
                Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

No problem, and last update for this.. IF anyone is using this setup, there is a Beta plug in available on the UI-x page for the Homebridge-homeseer4 plug in, that beta version INCLUDES the fix, im testing it now, it works perfect!
                  the developer said it will be in his next full release update..

Comment

Originally posted by thetaz01 View Post
                    the developer said it will be in his next full release update..

Update to 1.0.30 for the latest fixes.

I had re-written / updated much of the code using features of more recent nodejs (it makes the code a lot cleaner) and there were a few minor hiccups along the way, but it should be all working in 1.0.29. Post as a github issue if there are further problems (I rarely look on these forums).
                    Homebridge Plugin for HomeSeer 3 and 4. Contribute to jvmahon/Homebridge-HomeSeer4 development by creating an account on GitHub.

Comment

Working...
                    X