Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Error Index Out Of Range, Missing Device, after Device replacement and Link Edits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error Index Out Of Range, Missing Device, after Device replacement and Link Edits

I replaced a failed 8-button keypad with a new device that came as a 6-button. I used the Replace Device function. That worked, but the new device had zero links. I did the Program Device for HomeSeer - that worked. I changed the #buttons to 6 and then back to 8 - that worked. I then did Edit Links to program links from the buttons to devices. The 1st one worked. When I attempted the 2nd one, as soon as I selected the controlled device, the page went back to the main configuration page. i tried this a few times. I looked in the Insteon Error Repot log and found error message: "Error: Error in PagePut: Index was outside the bounds of the array. -- Details System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.at Insteon.Support.WebInterface.PagePut(String& data)"

I shut down and restarted HS. Now, on startup I get an error and fins the same message in the log, and, the Keypad device no longer appears in the HS devices nor in the Insteon configuration. Attached are the insteon.ini, startup.ini, HomeSeerData, and Insteon Error Report.log files. Please advise.
    Attached Files

i dont think the replace device function can handle this type of transaction.

would it be too much trouble to delete the device from the plugin, make sure the physical device is in 8 btn mode, and then register the device with the plugin.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

RESOLVED: While I don't know why this error occurred, I found a way around it. I replaced the HomeSeerData_3.hsd file with the copy from before i started today's changes. HomeSeer started without errors, and I found the device with a different name and location in the Insteon plugin configuration. After renaming it, I was able to program the missing links.

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
        i dont think the replace device function can handle this type of transaction.

would it be too much trouble to delete the device from the plugin, make sure the physical device is in 8 btn mode, and then register the device with the plugin.
        Thanks for that quick reply. I was thinking of trying the delete device route but It wasn't there in the interface... or so I thought. After replacing the data file I did find it, absent it's normal name, but instead named "Device 13' . anyway I'm all good now, thanks again!

Comment

glad you got it working. thanks for reporting back.
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
          Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
          Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
          Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Working...
          X