now that Insteon cloud is toast it appears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

now that Insteon cloud is toast it appears

will this plug in work with just the PLM, no INSTEON HUB?

My system uses a insteon 2413S PLM. Originally used a Insteon hub but found the PLM's response time faster.

Comment

Originally posted by qhomebk@gmail.com View Post
      will this plug in work with just the PLM, no INSTEON HUB?
      yes, the plugin supports the 2413s and 2413U. I would recommend HS4 with my new MNS Insteon v4 plugin. you can find the official forum here

Insteon Plugin for HS4
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Now that Insteon hub is dead, I just ordered a Home Troller with a Z wave/zigby stick how can it talk to my house full of Insteon switches? What do i need to do to connect them?
        Where can i buy it? I know i need another license for my second home. Hardware to make everything work is my issue.

Comment

Your hub should not be dead. It should still work with Homeseer. My hub still communicates fine. The only issue is that the LED on the box is red.

Comment

Originally posted by ericksar View Post
            Now that Insteon hub is dead, I just ordered a Home Troller with a Z wave/zigby stick how can it talk to my house full of Insteon switches? What do i need to do to connect them?
            Where can i buy it? I know i need another license for my second home. Hardware to make everything work is my issue.
            please make sure you start with my HS4 MNS insteon plugin. this is the forum for the older HS3 plugin.
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
            Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
            Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
            Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

I have a hometroller and a 2413U PLM, but it is good to know that I could use my old insteon hub to communicate with my insteon devices in case my PLM dies in the future.

FYI, I could not find anyone selling insteon PLMs (not surprised).

When I need to add new devices, I am planning to buy the homeseer Z-Wave USB stick and Z-Wave devices, since my hometroller has multiple USB ports.

However, I am a bit concerned about interference with my Ring alarm network.

Comment

Working...
              X