Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did You Perform a Factory Reset On Your Insteon Hub?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did You Perform a Factory Reset On Your Insteon Hub?

I have been unable to connect to my hub with the IP, userid and password on the bottom.
    I was able to get it to prompt me for the user id/password, so the IP is correct - right?

I did the reset (ie bottom 3 times, power off and on) and I still can't get it to recognize the user id/password.

any ideas ?

Double and triple check (use a magnifying glass if you have to), the lower case i's are easily confused with lower case l's (I/L) plus 0 and O (zero and Ohs)

If you have a hub that has a QR code on it, you can scan that and it will pull up the information on your phone screen as well.

Comment

Ugh! - apparently I now cannot see the difference between an i and l at reading distance.
      - that should work better, however I did rest the hub multiple times, we'll see what it does.

Comment

From what I've read, resetting it might just lose the internal programming but you should still be able to pair it with the plugin and add your existing devices back and create events.

Comment

Originally posted by k7skroch View Post
          I have been unable to connect to my hub with the IP, userid and password on the bottom.
          I was able to get it to prompt me for the user id/password, so the IP is correct - right?

I did the reset (ie bottom 3 times, power off and on) and I still can't get it to recognize the user id/password.

any ideas ?
          if you are using HS4 and the MNS Insteon plugin, please move to this forum

MNS Insteon for HS4
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
          Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
          Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
          Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Working...
          X