HS4 with v3.0.7.38 on Insteon Hub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS4 with v3.0.7.38 on Insteon Hub

Last summer I purchased HS4, and the Insteon Software Plugin for HS3 to work with my Insteon Hub. Everything was working solid, and even more so when Insteon webservices went dark. However, since July 10th, I have started to receive "Transmit failed to device" on all the Insteon devices to the Hub, after getting an initial “Warning: Unable to connect to the remote server”. however I can control them off the Hub without issue. Restart of the Plug-in will resolve issue for several hours, and then it stops responding again. Wondering if any others are experiencing similar issues, if its tied to anything the new Insteon team is doing to the Hubs?

I have remained on HS4 v4.2.6.0, with Insteon Plug-in BETA v3.0.7.38 since initial install, but wonder if should update HS4 now?
    Does my license for Insteon Plug-in for HS3 work on the new MNS Insteon Plug-in for HS4?

you will need to upgrade the license to get the MNS Insteon plugin which is native for HS4

please make backups of your setup before upgrading just to be sure. that said, the upgrade should be painless from the hs3 plugin to the hs4 one.

if you have issues. please start a new topic on the MNS Insteon forum.

Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

you will need to upgrade to hs 4.2.12.0 for the best experience.
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

My HS machine crashed, and I don't have a backup (don't ask why). I downloaded and installed free HS4, registered it with my existing credentials, and tried to register the MNS Insteon plugin. I entered my License ID and password (found in the email from 2015) and got "License is not valid for HS4 Plugin".
        Originally I had HS3. That's when I purchased the plugin and later upgraded to HS4, and the plugin was working.
        Any suggestions?

Comment

Alex,
          you might stop hs4, delete the config/licenses.bin file to clear out any licensing issues. then restart hs4, register hs4 and the plugin again.

if this doesnt work, I will have to ask you to contact hs support. they should be able to resolve any licensing/registration issues.
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

From your description, it sounds like you might be installing the HS4 plugin rather than the HS3 plugin that your license applies to? If so, you can load the HS3 plugin from the "Legacy Plugins" section further down the page. Or, buy an upgrade to the HS4 plugin.

Comment

Another question: I am trying to recover data from the damaged HD (that's a backup, the original is dead), what file and were do I look for the insteon db? That's SQLlite, right?

Comment

you need the homeseer database files from the data folder, and the insteon data is in config/insteon.ini file
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

I end up using the 30-day trial plugin for HS4 for now. If I switch back to the legacy HS3 plugin, how do I preserve the data? Or, if I move to HS4, is there an upgrade price or do I have to pay full price again?

Comment

you will need to restore your h3 data (hs3 database and config/insteon.ini). there is no downgrade functionality.

there is an upgrade free with a discount for hs3 license holders. ask hs if you have trouble finding the upgrade discount page where you enter your hs3 license.
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                    X