Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replace failing

Hi,

I'm replacing a very old 2486D KeypadLinc with a 2334-232 KPL Revision 8.2 3922 which just arrived today from the new Insteon store.

The new KPL beeps in the beginning, but the routine fails on step one with:

Program And Replace Device - The destination device could not be programmed, function aborted before system/device changes were made.​

HS Log shows
    10/14/2022 6:07:13 PM

Legacy-Plugin
    Insteon
    Your system could not be reprogrammed.Program And Replace Device - The destination device could not be programmed, function aborted before system/device changes were made.
    10/14/2022 6:07:13 PM

Legacy-Plugin
    Insteon
    Did not receive a response from (70.0F.18). Try #5 failed.
    10/14/2022 6:07:08 PM

Legacy-Plugin
    Insteon
    Received Upper Kitchen Insteon Motion Sensor II Occupancy Sensor: (4D.C8.B8) Go OFF
    10/14/2022 6:06:54 PM

Legacy-Plugin
    Insteon
    Received Upper Kitchen Insteon Motion Sensor II Occupancy Sensor: (4D.C8.B8) Go ON
    10/14/2022 6:06:53 PM

Legacy-Plugin
    Insteon
    Step 1 of 5: Programming new device with links...
    10/14/2022 6:06:53 PM

Legacy-Plugin
    Insteon
    Program And Replace Device - Process starting... (04.F8.E3->70.0F.18)...
    10/14/2022 6:06:51 PM

Legacy-Plugin
    Insteon
    Pass 2, Now attempting to reprogram your system for the replacement device...
    10/14/2022 6:06:51 PM

Legacy-Plugin
    Insteon
    Pass 1, updating devices that appear to have stale link tables...RF devices are ignored...

​I did perform a factory reset on the new device to see if that fixed the problem, but it did not. Any other ideas?

Thanks,
    Mike
    HS4, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Harmony Hubs, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Speakers, Foscam & Amcrest cameras, EZVIZ DB1 doorbell
    Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Harmony Hub, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Harmony Hub, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Mike
    are you trying to use the Replace Device function within the plugin, or just Add the device as new?

the replace function isn't very reliable.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Yes, I'm trying to use the Replace Device function. Not reliable?!?! I've used it many times in the past and it's worked great. It's kind of an essential feature IMHO. Please don't abandon it.

I've recently performed a replace on another older KPL with a newer one and that worked fine.

The error here makes no sense. The KPL beeps, so it's being contacted. The Replace function proceeds to the next step but then apparently doesn't hear back from the KPL again. What could be going wrong? Any other troubleshooting steps I could take? Debug logs?

I don't know if it's due to the replace attempt I just performed, or if this has been like this for a while, but this KPL is in 6 button mode yet the plugin shows this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	109
Size:	17.4 KB
ID:	1570811

Thanks,
      Mike
      HS4, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Harmony Hubs, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Speakers, Foscam & Amcrest cameras, EZVIZ DB1 doorbell
      Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Harmony Hub, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Harmony Hub, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Comment

unless you are replace like for like devices the routine will have trouble. both kpls need to be in 6 btn mode , or 8 btn mode before you start.

you can set the mode manually; see the manual for the procedure.

otherwise, just add the new kpl, and program it with the necessary links, and update the events as necessary. then delete the old kpl
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

To Post the HS4 Log that shows the error: Goto to the hs tools/log menu, Export the log of the transactions, download it and attach it to your post
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Originally posted by mrceolla View Post
            Hi,

I'm replacing a very old 2486D KeypadLinc with a 2334-232 KPL Revision 8.2 3922 which just arrived today from the new Insteon store.
            Ahem....

NEW INSTEON STORE??? 😲😱🎺

Jim Speiser
            38-year veteran of Home Automation
            Still don't know squat

Comment

insteon.com
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

So they're back? Going to check it out....

Jim Speiser
                38-year veteran of Home Automation
                Still don't know squat

Comment

I ended up starting fresh with the device that started this thread. I added a new device and updated all the groups and events.

I had an Icon dimmer die on me last night so I needed to do a replace on two dimmer switches today. One was an Icon -> Dual-Band, the other was Icon -> Icon. I wanted an Icon in the slot where the broken one was to match nearby switches. Both replaces appeared to work perfectly! Phew!

As mentioned earlier, I'm nearly certain I've done a KPL replace from a really old one to new one and it worked perfectly. I was sure to have the device in the correct, 6-button mode, before performing the replace. Oh well, not an issue anymore since I already spent the hour or so updating manually.

Really glad the dimmer replaces worked!

Comment

glad you got it working.
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                    X