This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IF PLC Won't Work Due to HID / Error 126 Problem

In setting up my 2414S (Serial) PLC interface for HS and Insteon, I discovered that sometimes Windows XP loses a set of drivers called the Human Interface Device application. This is necessary for the Insteon PLC to work.

If this happens, here is what I found via a Google search of the problem. It worked for me.

1. It is likely you are missing three key files. The first one of these is found in the Windows/sytem32 folder and is called hidserv.dll. The other two are found in Windows/system32/drivers and are called mouhid.sys and mouclass.sys.

2. These files can be found on your Windows XP Install CD, but you can also just copy them from these same directories in another Windows PC. I just transferred a copy of them from one computer to another, and it worked fine.

3. Once you have these files copied into the proper directories, go to Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services and make sure that the Human Interface Device is set to "automatic" (although manual might also work), and then start this application if it is not already running.

4. It isn't a bad idea to restart Windows after this, and then restart HS. If everything else is set up correctly, you should be in business.
    Madcodger

This would be a lot easier if I knew what I was doing...
Working...
X