X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bobwondernut
    replied
    Hi, David.

I recently decommissioned my EzSNSRF after years of consternation. I think, if I recall correctly, the weird thing about these was that they only sent group commands vs. targeted device commands, you had to link it to an existing device that wasn't the PLM, and then monitor the insteon command messages to sniff when it was manipulating the group.

That could be entirely incorrect, though, too.

Once the dual band stuff came along, I just replaced all the monstrous dakota alert boxes with the new Insteon RF motion sensors and put an in-line dual band relay in a deadhead box to make sure the RF signal gets repeated the 150' it needs to go. Works like a charm and the native device support is much nicer.

Leave a comment:

• dhaho
    replied
    EzSnsRF - No Script Actions

Hi Bob,

I just loaded the 8/31/2007 vers of your script to support a new EZSnsRF I received. It appears the script isn't firing as I don't see any reference to it on the Insteon Config page, nor in the log when I set it for detailed logging. I do see this error on startup for my EZSnsRF:
    2/4/2012 3:53:29 PM ~!~Insteon~!~Error: An attempt was made to initialize an external Insteon device ID# 1E.7A.DD. This device is already supported within the plug-in itself. The request was denied.
    12/4/2012 3:53:29 PM ~!~Insteon~!~External Device Registration complete.

I have updated the address for the EZSnsRF device in the Insteon_ExtDevSupport.vb script in the scripts dir, and did pair a Dakota transmitter to the EZSnsRF. I then linked the EZSnsRF to my PLM. I also see the E40-48 in Status.

Const EZSnsRFAddress As String = "1E.7A.DD"
    Const EZSnsRFDevName As String = "EZSnsRF1"
    Const EZSnsRFDevLocation As String = "TOutsideT"
    Const EZSnsRFDeviceCodeStart As Integer = 40
    Const EZSnsRFNumSensorsToWatch As Integer = 8

When I push the transmitter button I see this in the detailed logs (no mention of the script)
    12/4/2012 4:24:00 PM Insteon Received STX 0x50 (Raw Insteon Rec):1E 7A DD 07 03 6F 8B 27 81
    12/4/2012 4:24:00 PM Insteon Received message from House EZSndRF (1E.7A.DD) taking hops: 1
    12/4/2012 4:24:02 PM Insteon Received STX 0x50 (Raw Insteon Rec):1E 7A DD 07 03 6F 8B 27 01
    12/4/2012 4:24:02 PM Insteon Received message from House EZSndRF (1E.7A.DD) taking hops: 1

Somehow I've missed something but can't figure out why the script isn't working.

Insteon Plug-in 1.7.3.1
    HS2 2.5.0.58

Thanks for any help you can provide
    David

Originally posted by bobwondernut View Post
    All:

Here's a significantly improved version of the script. I've got this confirmed to work at home now with the following equipment:

I've posted this one as a zip, so just unzip and copy the single script file into your Homeseer 2 Scripts directory.

Install instructions are almost the same: follow the EZsnsRF manual's instructions to pair the sensors (one at a time) against your PLM/PLC. Then, edit the script in Notepad and give it the Insteon address of your EZsnsRF, make sure EnableEZSnsRF is set to True, and (optionally) set EZsnsRFNumSensorsToWatch to the number of Dakota Alert sensors/devices/channels you intend to monitor. Shut down and restart homeseer and you should see the devices appear in the status screen starting at E40 (unless you've changed the starting code in the script). Each device corresponds to the sensors bound to the ezsnsrf (in the order you bound them.)

I also cleaned up a couple of lines of code for the other EZ devices simplehomenet makes. I don't have those devices so I can't test if they work now, but there was little chance of them working before.

Range here is great -- I've got the outdoor sensors at least 300 feet away from the EZsnsRF! It's also very reliable!

Leave a comment:

• Wingo
    Guest replied
    Hi all does anyone have a copy of a script that handles the remotelink and the ezio with the call back working......

Thank you Robert

Leave a comment:

• dnoiseux
    Guest replied
    update device status for EZIO8SA

Can anybody help me out? I have implemented the script and I can see the added device in Homeseer, the relays output are working fine but I can't seem to get the device status on the inputs to work!

Thanks

Dan Noiseux
    SDA Domotique
    www.sda.ca

Leave a comment:

• Oman
    replied
    I would have to check the docs for the EZIO to be sure but yes, that is the general idea. There is one bit per input. The code is grabbing the hex value (which is in text form) and then anding out the "other" bits to test just for the one we want.

If you want to forward me the current version I can take a look at the callback portion to see what is up.

Jon

Originally posted by shermbb View Post
    Jeff was kind enough to send me the EZIO8SA script that he uses.

I would like to ask someone though to explain the logic for the if-then test. For the following excerpt, I need to understand the bit-to-decimal conversion within Jon's and Jeff's code:

If (Val("&H" & Data(12)) And &H01) <> &H01 Then ' input 1 is not set
    End If

If (Val("&H" & Data(12)) And &H02) <> &H02 Then ' input 2 is not set
    End If

If (Val("&H" & Data(12)) And &H04) <> &H04 Then ' input 3 is not set
    End If

If (Val("&H" & Data(12)) And &H08) <> &H08 Then ' input 4 is not set
    End If

In this logic, &H01 applies to input 1, &H02 applies to input 2, &H04 applies to input 3, etc. I assume that &H16=input 5, &H32=input 6, etc. Is this correct? Can anyone elaborate further?

Thanks, Blake

Leave a comment:

• shermbb
    replied
    question about data values (bit vs decimal)

Jeff was kind enough to send me the EZIO8SA script that he uses.

I would like to ask someone though to explain the logic for the if-then test. For the following excerpt, I need to understand the bit-to-decimal conversion within Jon's and Jeff's code:

If (Val("&H" & Data(12)) And &H01) <> &H01 Then ' input 1 is not set
    End If

If (Val("&H" & Data(12)) And &H02) <> &H02 Then ' input 2 is not set
    End If

If (Val("&H" & Data(12)) And &H04) <> &H04 Then ' input 3 is not set
    End If

If (Val("&H" & Data(12)) And &H08) <> &H08 Then ' input 4 is not set
    End If

In this logic, &H01 applies to input 1, &H02 applies to input 2, &H04 applies to input 3, etc. I assume that &H16=input 5, &H32=input 6, etc. Is this correct? Can anyone elaborate further?

Thanks, Blake

Leave a comment:

• BrianG
    Guest replied
    Second the callback request.

Originally posted by Tim.Vargo View Post
    1. What is the latest rev of the "Generalized" version? The one I downloaded still has the callback functionality commented out.
    2. What function can I use to check to see if the 'ExtDev_RegisterExternalDeviceSupport' method has already been called for a given DevAddr? I need to be able to call "CreateDevice" more than once to create multiple ranges of EZX10RF sensors (I need three different HouseCodes); but as it is, calling it more than once throws an exception error stating that '... Duplicate key value supplied ...'. So, I am trying to modify the script to allow multiple calls to the "CreateDevice" method, but only invoke the 'ExtDev_RegisterExternalDeviceSupport' method once per DevAddr. I need to know how to test for the existence of a registered external device, at a given device address.
    I am also looking for the callback functions back in. I am trying to put it back myself, I will post it if it works.

Leave a comment:

• Oman
    replied
    Creating the device in HomeSeer and registering device support are completely separate issues. For each separate device ID you need to call Register each time the plug-in starts. CreateDevice is needed to create the HomeSeer device that you see on the status screen. The HomeSeer devices stay once they are created, the Register call *has* to be made each time the plug-in starts.

The Register call will not let you register a device twice, rather it will refuse the registration if the device has already been registered. It doesn't throw an exception in that case rather it just doesn't do anything.

Jon

Originally posted by Tim.Vargo View Post
    1. What is the latest rev of the "Generalized" version? The one I downloaded still has the callback functionality commented out.
    2. What function can I use to check to see if the 'ExtDev_RegisterExternalDeviceSupport' method has already been called for a given DevAddr? I need to be able to call "CreateDevice" more than once to create multiple ranges of EZX10RF sensors (I need three different HouseCodes); but as it is, calling it more than once throws an exception error stating that '... Duplicate key value supplied ...'. So, I am trying to modify the script to allow multiple calls to the "CreateDevice" method, but only invoke the 'ExtDev_RegisterExternalDeviceSupport' method once per DevAddr. I need to know how to test for the existence of a registered external device, at a given device address.

Leave a comment:

• Tim.Vargo
    replied
    Originally posted by baudi View Post
    Gotcha. I'll put the callback function back in.

Leave a comment:

• me2
    Guest replied
    Please read this part of my note.
    By the way, it turns out not to be necessary to link the EZ devices with another Insteon device to make them visible to HomeSeer. All that's needed is to link the Dakota or X10 devices as broadcast devices. To do that, press and hold the link button on the EZ device for 4 seconds. Then make the RF device fire, then wait for the RF device to time out so that it will fire again, then fire it again. That will make the EZ LED stop blinking. Then press and hold the EZ LED for 4 seconds.
    Did you do that? If you did, when you cause the RF device to fire, the Homeseer event associated with that device will fire.
    Yes

Leave a comment:

• baudi
    replied
    Please read this part of my note.
    By the way, it turns out not to be necessary to link the EZ devices with another Insteon device to make them visible to HomeSeer. All that's needed is to link the Dakota or X10 devices as broadcast devices. To do that, press and hold the link button on the EZ device for 4 seconds. Then make the RF device fire, then wait for the RF device to time out so that it will fire again, then fire it again. That will make the EZ LED stop blinking. Then press and hold the EZ LED for 4 seconds.
    Did you do that? If you did, when you cause the RF device to fire, the Homeseer event associated with that device will fire.

Leave a comment:

• me2
    Guest replied
    Tom and Jonathan,

I've taken the liberty of generalizing the ExtDevSupport script to make it easier to handle new device types. I've tested the revised version with EZSnsRf, EZX10RF, and RemoteLinc. David
    First, I am not a programmer and do not want to be one......

In laymans terms, are you saying that I can install this script and receive x10 rf via the ezx10rf which will trigger events in HS? Does the ezx10rf send a Insteon signal that the script changes to x10 on/off? I installed the script and when I restarted HS it created devices XXX thru XZZ. Then I commented out all but the EZX10RF in the script and restarted HS again.. This time it created only the X10RF devices. However, those devices never change state/status. ????

Leave a comment:

• JeffryD
    Guest replied
    I'll have to go to the PLM someday, I suppose, but I'd much rather wait for the next firmware revision (or two).

Thanks for working on this stuff for us.

Leave a comment:

• Oman
    replied
    I have more work to do but essentially you can trigger on incoming Insteon messages. This allows things like snap-on, etc. to be used to fire events. It will be in the PLM plug-in, right now there are no plans for changes to the PLC version.
    Jon

Originally posted by JeffryD View Post
    That's probably just as good. Is this system going to be in the PLM plug-in eventually? Any chance it'll get folded back into the PLC plug-in?

Leave a comment:

• JeffryD
    Guest replied
    That's probably just as good. Is this system going to be in the PLM plug-in eventually? Any chance it'll get folded back into the PLC plug-in?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X