Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I have Homeseer trigger an event from an IRLinc Button?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I have Homeseer trigger an event from an IRLinc Button?

I have been participating with Smarthome's beta of the IRLinc B2411R. This I assume is much like a RemoteLinc, but I am not sure as I do not own one.

I was successfully able to register the IRLinc with HS2, and HS2 successfully tracks the on/off states of anything the IRLinc controls. After explicitly reading the new link tables in all of the devices controlled by the IRLinc, HS2 tracks everything pretty well (I have not tested %on/off yet).

However, what I want to do is trigger and event in HS2 when a specific button is pushed on the IRLinc Remote. I was told by Smarthome that the IRLinc broadcasts the on/off command to a linked device with the group/button.

I need to do 2 things, get a link in the IRLinc that is HS2's address (usually done when the IRLinc is listening and I hit the set button the side of the controlled device, but I do not know how to hit the set button on the side of HS2? The other is I need to get HS2 to respond to a specific Group/Button command (other than #255 or what ever that is that HS2 always sets up).

I suppose if I had a way to create links (create all attributes of links), I could make the links and then download them into the IRLinc and also HS2. Or am I just missing the obvious?

I am in the same beta test. Like the product a lot, but HS integration would be a game changer for me in terms of its usefulness. I can link up the device but it reports as Unknown, for example:
    Link# 1 - Unknown controls Kitchen Desk Light (load) (03.72.4D)
    Link# 2 - Unknown Group/Button Name #2 controls Family Room Family Room Ceiling Light (load) (03.81.08)
    Link# 3 - Unknown Group/Button Name #13 controls Kitchen Lights (load) (03.4F.24)
    Link# 4 - Unknown Group/Button Name #14 controls Family Room Family Room Ceiling Light (load) (03.81.08)
    Link# 5 - Unknown Group/Button Name #13 controls Family Room Bar Light (load) (04.67.7E)
    Link# 6 - Unknown has local control reporting to HomeSeer
    Link# 7 - Unknown is controlled by HomeSeer (Using Insteon Link# 254) HomeSeer 'All Devices Group' - Command: On
    Link# 8 - Unknown Group/Button Name #19 controls Family Room Bar Light (load) (04.67.7E)
    Link# 9 - Unknown Group/Button Name #20 controls Kitchen Table Light (load) (03.D1.D2)
    Link# 10 - Unknown Group/Button Name #21 controls Kitchen Over Sink Lights (load) (03.CB.A1)

It would be nice if it could be seen by HS and registered like a Keypad, Table top controller, or RemoteLinc, all of which have one address and multiple buttons.

I suppose a work around it so link the IRLinc to a physical device, such as an unused keypad button and run HS off of that device.

Comment

I agree that it would be very nice to have HS linked to each button. The clear usefulness of this would be that you could trigger HS events from these "Buttons". However, it also seems clear that the IRLink has a variable number of "Buttons", depending on what remote or remote code you are using with the IRLink.

It would be nice to have some suitably large number of "Buttons" assigned to or recognized by HS for the IRLink device type. This way, you could at least figure out by trial and error which IR button maps to which IRLink "Button".

A previous post indicated that a script could be used. I'm new to HS scripting, so if someone has a shell of a script that could work with the IRLink, I'd appreciate be pointed to it.

Comment

What we really need is for HS to support virtual Insteon devices. I have no idea if it is even possilble. I would think the hardest thing is for HS to pick an Insteon address (xx.xx.xx). Then you could link to this virtual decice from any other insteon device. HS would have to be able to put the device into 'link mode' and such. So, I have no idea if you could do that from an Insteon API standpoint, but it would be really cool....

On the other hand, I'm not holding my breath for any updates to HS and Insteon. From what I read in another thread Jon took 'another job' and will have little to no time for development of this. From what I understand he is the only one at HS that works on this...

Comment

IRLinc Question

i have just recently purchased an IRLinc to control motorized blinds i have. the blinds have an infrared remote that i was trying to replace with the IRLinc. I just wanted to open and close the blinds using HS, but the ON/OFF button that is in HS with IRLinc doesn't trigger anything? When i tap the button in the side of the IRLinc my blinds will either close or open. just one or the other, not both. What do i need to do to get HS to trigger the IRLinc? or should i be using something else for this task. any help appreciated.

Comment

irlinc

DVANHOOSE !
            I have exactly the same problem, hs not triggering anything on the 2411T irlinc transmitter. Works fine with insteon direct link or set button.

Unit was added to HS just as easily as other modules on this particular install but it seems the on/off command sent by HS is not related to the set button.

Need to get this working, we have 3 sets of very large drapery that needs to be automated, anyone ??

Comment

Working...
            X