Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Feature Requests for the Mark Sandler Insteon PLM Plug-In

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Alternate Interfaces

    Hi Mark
    I use an insteon hub as a backup interface to my primary interface serial PLM. I use it to as a backdoor way to control some mission critical devices. Since the hub is not recognized by the Insteon Plug in, it shows up as an unregistered device address.
    As a feature request, could we have an area on the set up pages where we enter the addresses of alternative interfaces and it lists the devices that those interfaces control? That would help remove the unregistered address alerts for devices where I do want to have the unregistered address.
    Thanks for considering
    Jono

    Comment


      Originally posted by randy_h View Post
      On the Insteon Plugin, Edit Insteon Device page for Motion Sensors, I would like to see a "Settings last read timestamp" and maybe even a count of On cmds that have occurred since last read.

      This would be useful for me when troubleshooting and setting up Motion Sensors. Something similar to mock up pasted below:

      Thank you for your consideration.
      look for this in the next beta release 3.0.6.14 or later
      Mark

      HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 (by Kirby) | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | NetCAM | MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Jon00 Charting
      Platform: HP h8-1360t, Windows Server 2012 R2, i7-3.4GHz, 16GB memory

      Comment


        Originally posted by jono View Post
        Hi Mark
        I use an insteon hub as a backup interface to my primary interface serial PLM. I use it to as a backdoor way to control some mission critical devices. Since the hub is not recognized by the Insteon Plug in, it shows up as an unregistered device address.
        As a feature request, could we have an area on the set up pages where we enter the addresses of alternative interfaces and it lists the devices that those interfaces control? That would help remove the unregistered address alerts for devices where I do want to have the unregistered address.
        Thanks for considering
        Jono
        Jono,

        No problem. I already do this for secondary PLMs. you will just register the Hub like a regular device. As long as you have the other devices registered in the plm that are also registered with the hub, the unregistered issue should go away.

        Look for this in the next beta 3.0.6.14
        Mark

        HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 (by Kirby) | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | NetCAM | MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Jon00 Charting
        Platform: HP h8-1360t, Windows Server 2012 R2, i7-3.4GHz, 16GB memory

        Comment


          Hidden Door Sensor LED ON/OFF

          Hi Mark,

          Thanks for all the time and energy you have put in to create such a great plugin.

          Quick question (or request I suppose). Is it possible to turn the LED on and off on the hidden door sensor?

          Comment


            Originally posted by cloomis View Post
            Hi Mark,

            Thanks for all the time and energy you have put in to create such a great plugin.

            Quick question (or request I suppose). Is it possible to turn the LED on and off on the hidden door sensor?
            Yes its possible. Look for this feature in the next beta
            Mark

            HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534
            Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway
            Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 (by Kirby) | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | NetCAM | MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Jon00 Charting
            Platform: HP h8-1360t, Windows Server 2012 R2, i7-3.4GHz, 16GB memory

            Comment


              Hi Mark,

              Quick question in regards to a new 8 button keypad I recently installed. The option for "Non-Toggle Off" is no longer a choice for "Button Mode". Is this a limitation of the new keypads?
              Attached Files

              Comment


                Yes. SH removed that feature. Use non toggle on and set the levels to 0 or off for responder devices.
                Mark

                HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534
                Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway
                Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 (by Kirby) | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | NetCAM | MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Jon00 Charting
                Platform: HP h8-1360t, Windows Server 2012 R2, i7-3.4GHz, 16GB memory

                Comment


                  Thank you for the quick response!

                  Comment


                    Insteon Virtual links

                    Hi Mark,
                    I read in an old message post about you adding virtual Insteon links to the plugin. What is the status of that?

                    Thanks very much,
                    Patrick

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by pmendiuk View Post
                      Hi Mark,
                      I read in an old message post about you adding virtual Insteon links to the plugin. What is the status of that?

                      Thanks very much,
                      Patrick
                      Patrick,
                      not sure what you are referring to. can you point me to the thread or post

                      Or what functionality are you looking for?
                      Mark

                      HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534
                      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway
                      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 (by Kirby) | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | NetCAM | MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Jon00 Charting
                      Platform: HP h8-1360t, Windows Server 2012 R2, i7-3.4GHz, 16GB memory

                      Comment


                        Utility to facilitate setup of N-way switching

                        Hi Mark,

                        I'm a recent convert to Insteon from the Z-wave world, and I have to say that your plugin is, in part, to blame. The visibility and control that your plugin provides into the connectivity between my Insteon devices was instrumental in my decision to switch nearly all of my smart home devices from Z-Wave to Insteon.

                        All of that said, I do have a feature request that, I believe, would make the management of links easier.

                        Imagine that I have two dimmer modules and three keypads. Say I want to each keypad to have a button that controls the pair of dimmers as well as keeping all of dimmers and the buttons in sync, it can be a bit tedious to get things set up:
                        • Keypad1 Button 1 cross-link Dimmer1
                        • Keypad2 Button 1 cross-link Dimmer1
                        • Keypad3 Button 1 cross-link Dimmer1
                        • Keypad1 Button 1 cross-link Dimmer2
                        • Keypad2 Button 1 cross-link Dimmer2
                        • Keypad3 Button 1 cross-link Dimmer2
                        • Keypad1 Button 1 cross-link Keypad2 Button 1
                        • Keypad1 Button 1 cross-link Keypad3 Button 1
                        • Keypad2 Button 1 cross-link Keypad3 Button 1
                        • Dimmer1 cross-link Dimmer2


                        Additional challenges occur when it comes to revising this set up:
                        • Say I want to remove Keypad2 Button1? I have to go through and delete 8 links manually.
                        • Adding a new dimmer or maybe just control via another button requires bouncing setting up several new links.

                        I always miss a step, and my wife is the first to notice.

                        Here's my request: It'd be very handy if I could take a group of devices and check box for "keep all of these in sync", and the Insteon plugin would take care of generating all of the appropriate links. If I add or remove devices from said group, the appropriate links would be added or removed. It'd make my life easier, so I'm sure it'd help others, as well.

                        I'd love to hear your thoughts!

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by whippersnapper View Post
                          Hi Mark,

                          I'm a recent convert to Insteon from the Z-wave world, and I have to say that your plugin is, in part, to blame. The visibility and control that your plugin provides into the connectivity between my Insteon devices was instrumental in my decision to switch nearly all of my smart home devices from Z-Wave to Insteon.

                          All of that said, I do have a feature request that, I believe, would make the management of links easier.

                          Imagine that I have two dimmer modules and three keypads. Say I want to each keypad to have a button that controls the pair of dimmers as well as keeping all of dimmers and the buttons in sync, it can be a bit tedious to get things set up:
                          • Keypad1 Button 1 cross-link Dimmer1
                          • Keypad2 Button 1 cross-link Dimmer1
                          • Keypad3 Button 1 cross-link Dimmer1
                          • Keypad1 Button 1 cross-link Dimmer2
                          • Keypad2 Button 1 cross-link Dimmer2
                          • Keypad3 Button 1 cross-link Dimmer2
                          • Keypad1 Button 1 cross-link Keypad2 Button 1
                          • Keypad1 Button 1 cross-link Keypad3 Button 1
                          • Keypad2 Button 1 cross-link Keypad3 Button 1
                          • Dimmer1 cross-link Dimmer2


                          Additional challenges occur when it comes to revising this set up:
                          • Say I want to remove Keypad2 Button1? I have to go through and delete 8 links manually.
                          • Adding a new dimmer or maybe just control via another button requires bouncing setting up several new links.

                          I always miss a step, and my wife is the first to notice.

                          Here's my request: It'd be very handy if I could take a group of devices and check box for "keep all of these in sync", and the Insteon plugin would take care of generating all of the appropriate links. If I add or remove devices from said group, the appropriate links would be added or removed. It'd make my life easier, so I'm sure it'd help others, as well.

                          I'd love to hear your thoughts!
                          Have you tried using the Groups feature in the plugin to do this? each group could have a controller which would be a kpl Btn. you would need three different groups to setup the scenario you outlined

                          I don't understand why you would have 3 different kpl btns controlling the same two dimmers unless you had different on-levels and ramp-rates set for each button.
                          Mark

                          HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534
                          Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway
                          Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 (by Kirby) | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | NetCAM | MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Jon00 Charting
                          Platform: HP h8-1360t, Windows Server 2012 R2, i7-3.4GHz, 16GB memory

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
                            Have you tried using the Groups feature in the plugin to do this? each group could have a controller which would be a kpl Btn. you would need three different groups to setup the scenario you outlined

                            I don't understand why you would have 3 different kpl btns controlling the same two dimmers unless you had different on-levels and ramp-rates set for each button.
                            This is for my bedroom -- I have a keypad at the door, a keypad on my nightstand, and a keypad on my wife's nightstand. There are common sets of lights that I'd like to be able to control from each keypad, as well as keep the buttons all in sync.

                            I'm aware of the groups functionality, but having to set up multiple groups for the same function is still a bit tedious. What I'm suggesting is the addition of a layer of abstraction, allowing me to define a set of controllers as well as a lighting scene, and have all of the links maintained beneath the hood.

                            Comment


                              I haven't read through this whole thread, so not sure if this was requested or not, but..

                              Can you make it an option to use Location 1 instead of Location 2?

                              I use Location 1 for Room and Location 2 for Device classification as I only have a 1 story house. Right now it puts the Room name in my Device Classification field.
                              MeiAutomtion Home

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
                                I haven't read through this whole thread, so not sure if this was requested or not, but..

                                Can you make it an option to use Location 1 instead of Location 2?

                                I use Location 1 for Room and Location 2 for Device classification as I only have a 1 story house. Right now it puts the Room name in my Device Classification field.
                                when does the following occur? when you add a device, or when?

                                Right now it puts the Room name in my Device Classification field
                                can you post a screen shot of the issue
                                Mark

                                HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534
                                Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway
                                Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 (by Kirby) | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | NetCAM | MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Jon00 Charting
                                Platform: HP h8-1360t, Windows Server 2012 R2, i7-3.4GHz, 16GB memory

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X