This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jon View Post
    Of course I don’t know anything about your plugin code, but it seems like you can take what you already have as the plugin’s device settings page and make that what appears in the Insteon tab of the device page. I guess that assumes that the tab is a container or frame that can simply display/contain the page you’re already creating. Is that actually more complex than I’m making it sound?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    its more about the hs3 api. i would have to write two new routines to display and then process the 'post'. Just something i don't want to invest in at this time. i'm trying to keep most of my plugin code hs version independent.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Would it be reasonably possible to have two different response timeout settings? The idea would be to have one for simple responses to on/off/dim/... commands, and another one for link programming and other more complicated tasks.

Comment

Originally posted by joegr View Post
        Would it be reasonably possible to have two different response timeout settings? The idea would be to have one for simple responses to on/off/dim/... commands, and another one for link programming and other more complicated tasks.
        that's an interesting idea. what are your thoughts on the range of values for each timeout setting?
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post

that's an interesting idea. what are your thoughts on the range of values for each timeout setting?
          I would like to get the simple timeout down to one second, or at least down to two. I would set the complicated one to five seconds, I think. Right now I have the single timeout set to a compromise of three seconds.

I would consider reading values from battery devices (settings, battery level, changing settings after x triggers, ...) as the complicated timeout.

Comment

Originally posted by joegr View Post

I would like to get the simple timeout down to one second, or at least down to two. I would set the complicated one to five seconds, I think. Right now I have the single timeout set to a compromise of three seconds.

I would consider reading values from battery devices (settings, battery level, changing settings after x triggers, ...) as the complicated timeout.
            I'll have to take a look at this. The issues is, the plugin doesn't know about the different types of messages when its sending them.
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

I'll have to take a look at this. The issues is, the plugin doesn't know about the different types of messages when its sending them.
              Like I said, only if it is reasonably easy to do. Otherwise, it's not a big deal.
              Thanks

Comment

Is it possible to cancel a job that the plugin is running. Such as a device that does not respond. It would be nice to cancel it.

Comment

Originally posted by smithdavee View Post
                  Is it possible to cancel a job that the plugin is running. Such as a device that does not respond. It would be nice to cancel it.
                  what type of job?
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

A reprogram a device that is failing, or even just reading a device. Also the comms test.

Comment

Originally posted by smithdavee View Post
                      A reprogram a device that is failing, or even just reading a device. Also the comms test.
                      the comm test does have a Cancel. I will add the Cancel btn to the feature request list for the other jobs
                      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Thank you sir!

Comment

Any chance of getting a "Remove all existing links" option for adding devices?

Comment

Originally posted by Simplex Technology View Post
                            Any chance of getting a "Remove all existing links" option for adding devices?
                            so the irony is the plugin must create a link to the device before it can read and delete from the link database. so the plugin would have to create the first time link, read all the links, find this new one (because the plugin doesn't know where in the database it was written), and then delete all the others. And then possibly move the initial link to the beginning of the link database to keep the database link table clean. And then write the device specific links.

the cleanest and fastest thing is to factory reset the device before adding. This makes the add process much faster and more reliable. Unfortunately there is no 'reset' command i can send (its not part of the protocol).

I can't say yes or no at this point. I'll have to review the add process code.
                            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

so the irony is the plugin must create a link to the device before it can read and delete from the link database. so the plugin would have to create the first time link, read all the links, find this new one (because the plugin doesn't know where in the database it was written), and then delete all the others. And then possibly move the initial link to the beginning of the link database to keep the database link table clean. And then write the device specific links.

the cleanest and fastest thing is to factory reset the device before adding. This makes the add process much faster and more reliable. Unfortunately there is no 'reset' command i can send (its not part of the protocol).

I can't say yes or no at this point. I'll have to review the add process code.
                              Thanks for the details. I was asking as I'm playing with a new ISY and back and forth with some devices and the ISY has the "Remove all existing links" feature. The reset of devices is obvious the cleanest but the most daunting to go around to all of the devices. At least in my testing it's only a few devices.

Excellent plugin BTW I bought yesterday and moved 46 devices over for testing from the ISY

Comment

API call logs please for each hub that is online (or show history). That would be most useful, because being safe is priceless. Maybe the ability to erase unknowns. I know, this is a lot to ask. What are your thoughts?

Comment

Working...
                                X