This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ttantalol View Post
    API call logs please for each hub that is online (or show history). That would be most useful, because being safe is priceless. Maybe the ability to erase unknowns. I know, this is a lot to ask. What are your thoughts?
    I'm not following your request regarding API calls. And regarding 'erase unknowns'; unknown what?

can you elaborate on all this with a use case or two
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Comment

jowihue lists api calls and gives you ability to delete unwanted logged in devices. I don't think Insteon does that and I guess there's no need for it.

Comment

Hi Mark,

I have been using your Plugin in for many years now and appreciate your efforts.

Occupancy sensing has been a big part of my lighting control and I was hoping you might include a function that would help simplify using the Insteon switches for indications of occupancy. Specifically in events under "Insteon Special Triggers" I would like to see an option for "Transmits Any Command".

Right Now I could have a long list of "OR IF" statements to include all the different transmit commands that might come from a switch or Keypad, Example:
          OR IF Outdoor Deck Flood Light Transmits an On Command
          OR IF Outdoor Deck Flood Light Transmits an Off Command
          OR IF Outdoor Deck Flood Light Transmits an Fast On Command

Per this request, I would like a statement like the following...
          OR IF Outdoor Deck Flood Light Transmits Any Command
          I believe using the switches is a powerful way of indicating occupancy. If someone hits the switch we know someone is there.

You might even take it to the next level and create some pre-canned virtual occupancy devices/zones based on switch activity or a group of switches.

Thanks,

Matt

Attached Files

Comment

i have you tried the standard HS trigger like "had its value set to Any Value"?

you may need to enable "Enable Value Set Trigger" from the Advanced tab within the plugin (see the latest beta)
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
            Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
            Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
            Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
              i have you tried the standard HS trigger like "had its value set to Any Value"?

you may need to enable "Enable Value Set Trigger" from the Advanced tab within the plugin (see the latest beta)
              Wouldn't that also trigger anytime HS controlled the light?

Comment

Originally posted by joegr View Post

Wouldn't that also trigger anytime HS controlled the light?
                Yah, you might have a point there
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post

I actually tried to add the feature once but I didn't get very far. I'll revisit it in the future.
                  Any chance you might still add some kind of "crawl" feature(s) to the plugin? Couple of places where this would be nice...
                  • Migrating an existing network into HS ... connect to PLM interface and automatically add and program all existing devices in the interface.
                  • Validating network and identifying bad links ... routine to say weekly read all devices and match to the HS database for any changes / differences.
                  • Refresh HS data ... repull data from all devices and update HS so we have a good copy fo the actual links out in the network (this seems the simplest one, just automating the current read settings and links available at the device page, just cycle through all devices)
                  Thanks for the great plugin!

Comment

Minor nit observation:
                    In the top banner the version number is truncated.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	plugin version truncated.png
Views:	112
Size:	3.0 KB
ID:	1465270
                    (Observed in Edge on PC and Safari on Mac.)

Comment

Working...
                    X