Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will be right there, first in line, to pay an upgrade fee for Insteon Thermostat support, even willing to help test.

Currently running HS2, in a virtual machine, just for my thermostat support.
    Everything else I use has already been ported to HS3.

Sub'd to this thread for updates...

Comment

I'd be willing to pay an upcharge as well, didn't expect it would be free.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 4

Comment

I'm ok with an up-charge for the insteon tstat.

Comment

Events using Scenes

Hi Mark,

It would be great if Homeseer could trigger scenes instead of individual actions when using events. Individual actions take to long to execute.

Thanks,

Guy

Comment

Originally posted by garwood View Post
            Hi Mark,

It would be great if Homeseer could trigger scenes instead of individual actions when using events. Individual actions take to long to execute.

Thanks,

Guy
            Can you you a standard hs3 action to set the value of an insteon grp
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
            Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
            Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
            Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by greg631 View Post
              Any plans to support the Insteon Thermostat?

http://www.smarthome.com/2441TH/INST...rmostat/p.aspx

Thanks!

Greg
              Count me in as willing to pay for this support!

Comment

Hi Mark,

Thanks,

Guy
                I've been using Insteon groups for a long time. It works just fine and is very quick. You can trigger a group by setting it to on or off. (If you have keypad buttons in the group and want them to light up when the group is triggered, set the group to on. Set it to off if you want the buttons to not light up.)

Comment

Originally posted by gduren View Post
                  Hi Mark, Given Tom's decision not to develop the Sage thermostat plugin for HS3, thought I'd formally request support of this T-stat be added to your Insteon plugin for HS3. Maybe Tom will give you a deal on the source code. Thanks!
                  As a work around, Jon00 has built a bridge between HS2 and HS3. Apparently you can run both HS2 and HS3 on the same machine and the devices can update one another. I haven't tried it yet but there is a thread on it under Jon00's plug ins. See
                  http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=162718

Comment

Originally posted by joegr View Post
                    I've been using Insteon groups for a long time. It works just fine and is very quick. You can trigger a group by setting it to on or off. (If you have keypad buttons in the group and want them to light up when the group is triggered, set the group to on. Set it to off if you want the buttons to not light up.)
                    Thanks for your reply Joe,

I'm still a little confused (maybe more than a little).

How do I trigger the group? Do I use Homeseer to turn on the keypad button that is set to trigger the group?

Comment

Thanks for your reply Joe,

I'm still a little confused (maybe more than a little).

How do I trigger the group? Do I use Homeseer to turn on the keypad button that is set to trigger the group?
                      There is a HomeSeer device for each group (assuming you created the group in HomeSeer with the plug-in.) Just turn that virtual device on or off to trigger the group. Look at the manage groups page to find the group names. The group name is also the name of the virtual device used to trigger the group.

Comment

Idea's for improvements/changes

First idea I have is the 'click continue to...'
                        Boy does that get irritating...and I only have 9 devices...granted I probably play with things alot more than most... I understand the 'processing' screen, and I can understand stopping when there is a failure of some sort. But is there a purpose to stopping after EVERY action to say it was successful?
                        If there is something that you do on the page that can't be slipped in elsewhere, how about the option to automatically move on after x seconds unless there is an error? Personally I would eliminate the screen unless a debug flag is set, or an error occurs.
                        or a different approach that probably has some caveats but certainly has it's benefits would be to implement a command queue table which lets you submit the various changes to it, and it processes them synchronously in the background and logs the result so it can notify you of any problems or circle back and retry it.

Comment

Mark, I'm not sure if this is something that you can do but integration of the Insteon plugin with Voccommando to allow for enhanced voice control over insteon devices could be good - as well as providing additional functionally.

see www.voxcommando.com

Comment

Originally posted by Aussie Mate View Post
                            Mark, I'm not sure if this is something that you can do but integration of the Insteon plugin with Voccommando to allow for enhanced voice control over insteon devices could be good - as well as providing additional functionally.

see www.voxcommando.com
                            how is this different than the voice control HS already provides
                            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
                            Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
                            Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
                            Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

it works...
                              it has many more features and more control. ie you can have multiple attention words & control which attention words are always "on" You can also have optional words and phases for any of the commands.

It allows random selection of responses and phases, it allows for logic within the VR commands. This means it is able to provide human like responses.
                              It is simple to use. while HS can do many things - you often need to be able to write scripts to do them. not everyone knows how to do that.

HS VR hasn't had any development for many years - I understand that HS3 VR code is the same as HS2. it is outdated.

anyway - I know it not really your area of focus.

Comment

Ballast Dimmer Support?

I just found Smarthome's INSTEON 2475DA2 0-10VDC BALLAST DIMMER (DUAL-BAND) http://www.smarthome.com/insteon-247...dual-band.html
                                which would greatly simplify automating my kitchen fluorescents.

Does your plug-in support this unit?

Thanks
                                Jim Madigan

Comment

Working...
                                X