This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Insteon SmartLinc Compatible?

I was looking at buying the Smartlinc but wasn't sure if it was compatible with HS. Any info would be appreciated.

Originally posted by hacrazy View Post
    I was looking at buying the Smartlinc but wasn't sure if it was compatible with HS. Any info would be appreciated.
    i believe the only hs compatible insteon controllers are the PLC, PLM and ISY.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Plc

Is the PLC the best way to go?

Comment

Originally posted by hacrazy View Post
        Is the PLC the best way to go?
        I would avoid the PLC, it requires extra smarthome driver sw and is rather slow. The PLM route is the least expensive, while the ISY is the most expensive.

The PLM plugin currently focuses on lighting devices (but is being expanded), while the ISY covers a much broader range of devices.

the plm comes in a serial port and a usb version. i would go with the serial port version if you can.

if you start out with the PLM, you can upgrade later to the ISY which still requires a PLM.
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Working...
        X