This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Insteon Lighting Plug-In v1.2.0.1 (beta) for PLC

here is an untested PLC version of the plugin.

PLM USERS: Do not use this version!

please see the the following thread for what's new
    http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=138449

please post comments to this thread regarding issues with this PLC version of the plugin

v1.2.0.3
    - fixed a string to boolean error in the transmit x10

v1.2.0.2
    -the main buttons were missing from the plugin config pages
    Last edited by mnsandler; November 23, 2009, 10:09 PM. Reason: update version notes; removed old zip
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Found a bug

Missing the following buttons Manage Devices and Manage Groups: see attachment

Running HS: Standard Edition 2.3.0.19

Windows XP OS

Installed by shutting down HS and replaced existing .dll(did a backup first of course).

Thanks
    Ron T.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by technerd View Post
      Missing the following buttons Manage Devices and Manage Groups: see attachment

Running HS: Standard Edition 2.3.0.19

Windows XP OS

Installed by shutting down HS and replaced existing .dll(did a backup first of course).

Thanks
      Ron T.
      thanks for testing. I can post a fix later this evening
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

New Insteon Lighting Plug-In v1.2.0.2 (beta) for PLC

Here is a revised PLC version which included the missing buttons
        Last edited by mnsandler; November 15, 2009, 01:05 PM.
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

PLM version working well for me... thanks for the great support and great plugin!

Comment

Thanks for the fix

I installed the updated version this morning.

I will let you know if I see any issues.

Thanks for all your work.
            Ron T.

Comment

It's working!!!!

Used this to get my Insteon working again after more than a year of less than impressive insteon control via my ELK M1Gold.
              Thank You everyone.

Comment

Thanks All for being brave enough to try the PLC version. Glad to hear its working too.
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
                  Thanks All for being brave enough to try the PLC version. Glad to hear its working too.

Would it help if you had a PLC to play with? I have an old USB PLC #2414U Rev 2.0 just sitting here collecting dust. I use the PLM (actually have a couple of these too, lol) so this thing is useless to me. I would gladly ship it to you for free if you want it.

Just let me know and it's yours.

Thanks again for getting this plug-in active again!
                  Last edited by TechHA; November 14, 2009, 09:04 PM.
                  Bryan
                  Software/Hardware: Win10 Pro, HS 3 Pro, HS Touch, Echo, Edgeport/4, Z-Net w/88 Devices, Insteon PLM w/19 Devices, Nest, GC-100-6, W800RF32A, WS-2080 Weather Station (KMADRACU10)
                  Plug-in/Scripts: Alexa API, BLBackup, BLGData, BLLED, BLLock, BLRF, BLTVGuide, Blue Iris, BLUPS, Current Cost 3P, DirectTV, FitbitSeer, Insteon, Nest, Pushover 3P, Random, Restart, Tasker, UltraGCIR3, UltraWeatherWU, Z-Wave

Comment

any ideas on this?
                    nsteon Plug-in Error Log Generated 11/14/2009 8:11:40 PM
                    -----------*Error Message*----------------
                    Error: Error in TransmitMessage: Conversion from string "" to type 'Boolean' is not valid. -- Details System.InvalidCastException: Conversion from string "" to type 'Boolean' is not valid. ---> System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
                    at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ParseDoub le(String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat)
                    at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToBoolean (String Value)
                    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
                    at HSPI_INSTEON.HSPI.Transmit_Insteon_X10(String Cmd)
                    at HSPI_INSTEON.HSPI.TransmitMessage(TransmitMsgType Msg) -- 11/14/2009 8:11:40 PM

Comment

Originally posted by TBI View Post
                      any ideas on this?
                      nsteon Plug-in Error Log Generated 11/14/2009 8:11:40 PM
                      -----------*Error Message*----------------
                      Error: Error in TransmitMessage: Conversion from string "" to type 'Boolean' is not valid. -- Details System.InvalidCastException: Conversion from string "" to type 'Boolean' is not valid. ---> System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
                      at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ParseDoub le(String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat)
                      --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
                      at HSPI_INSTEON.HSPI.Transmit_Insteon_X10(String Cmd)
                      at HSPI_INSTEON.HSPI.TransmitMessage(TransmitMsgType Msg) -- 11/14/2009 8:11:40 PM
                      Give this a version try and let me know if it fixes the error. I would be interested to know if version 1.1.52 from the HS Updater generates the same error under the same condition.
                      Last edited by mnsandler; November 23, 2009, 10:10 PM. Reason: removed old zip
                      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Originally posted by TechHA View Post
                        Would it help if you had a PLC to play with? I have an old USB PLC #2414U Rev 2.0 just sitting here collecting dust. I use the PLM (actually have a couple of these too, lol) so this thing is useless to me. I would gladly ship it to you for free if you want it.

Just let me know and it's yours.

Thanks again for getting this plug-in active again!
                        Thanks for the offer. I'm a little worried about introducing another controller insteon ID into my network. I'll let you know.

Thanks for the support
                        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Version 1.2.0.3 working fine for me on the PLC. Thanks! I will also try the PLM version in a location with a much bigger set up.

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
                            Give this a version try and let me know if it fixes the error. I would be interested to know if version 1.1.52 from the HS Updater generates the same error under the same condition.
                            This does look like it fixed that error, thanks.

I have other issues I'm working through still but they seem to be com on my power line or my PLC is crap. Com from plugin to PLC seems good but not PLC to switchs, I need to move my PLC to the same outlet as the one from the ELK to see if it works over there.

Comment

Installed PLC version 1.2.0.3 this morning.

All looks good. (restart good... no errors in log with (albeit minimal) house activity triggering lights on motion.)

Thank you for taking on the maintenance of this Plugin.
                              Regards,

Andrew B.

Comment

Working...
                              X