This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kepadlinc

I installed my first kepadlinc this weekend. I am using the latest PLC plugin. When I do a tap add, it says "unknown device". I can see the status of the main buttons but not any of the secondary buttons.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Originally posted by bconen View Post
    I installed my first kepadlinc this weekend. I am using the latest PLC plugin. When I do a tap add, it says "unknown device". I can see the status of the main buttons but not any of the secondary buttons.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?
    please try to add it manually by entering the insteon id and post your results
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

I tried tap adding and also adding manually. Each time it says "unknown device type 011B".

Comment

I tried tap adding and also adding manually. Each time it says "unknown device type 011B".
        ah, a new device type. please pm me with an email addr that i can later send you a test PLC build to try.
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Hi,

I'm having the same "unknown device type 011B" with my 6 buttons keypadlinc.

I'm using the PLM plugin.

Comment

Originally posted by Stef View Post
            Hi,

I'm having the same "unknown device type 011B" with my 6 buttons keypadlinc.

I'm using the PLM plugin.
            pm me with an email address and i will send you a plm build to test
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

I was just about to write something up about the same problem. Will send a PM also.

Comment

Hi Mark,

Edit: Mark, I just remember to look for the Insteon error log file. I do see problem with corrupted link. I will clean up this tomorow and post again.

I tried the plugin you sent me. After restarting HS, the keypadlink was no longer "unknown"... It was named "Insteon KeypadLinc V2 Dimmer Button On/Load" plus one entry for Off and one for button A to D.

I programed one group and if I control that group from HS web page, everything seem to be working fine. I tried all the group option from that page.

What I cannot found tonight was a way to assing a group to, for example, button A. How is it suppose to work?

Why the is an On/Load button and an Off button instead of just a keypadlinc status?

If, from HS, I turn on the kpl, hs show that on/load is on and that Off is Off. If I click on the Off of the Off button, nothing happen. If I click on the On of the Off button, the Off status goes to On and the button On/load stay On... On the kpl, the load is on. How could the on and off could be on at the same time?

Maybe I should get some sleep

Thank you for your work
                Last edited by Stef; November 25, 2009, 11:15 PM. Reason: I had forget to look for the error log....

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
                  ah, a new device type. please pm me with an email addr that i can later send you a test PLC build to try.
                  Having the same problem here with a PLC plug-in. However, I can control the primary switch (ON/OFF) but cannot see/control the Scene switches as they were not registered when I added the keypadlinc (it was added as "Unknown Device Type 011B").

Comment

here are the builds with support for the 011B kpl in question

no other changes
                    Last edited by mnsandler; November 29, 2009, 07:36 PM.
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

New KPL build works well and fixed the issue.. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                      X