X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Switchlink dimmer reporting to HS

Hi, It's me again ;-)

Today I've installed another dimmer. I tap-add it and HS can now controled it.

I have a problem. I want to trigger and event in HS to turn off another light (Leviton DHC x-10) when the Switchlinc is manualy turned off.

I've tried "Insteon special triggers", "When the Selected Device Does the Following : Transmits an Off command", but the event does'nt trigger...

Any idea why?

Originally posted by Stef View Post
    Hi, It's me again ;-)

Today I've installed another dimmer. I tap-add it and HS can now controled it.

I have a problem. I want to trigger and event in HS to turn off another light (Leviton DHC x-10) when the Switchlinc is manualy turned off.

I've tried "Insteon special triggers", "When the Selected Device Does the Following : Transmits an Off command", but the event does'nt trigger...

Any idea why?
    please post a screen shot of how you have the event and trigger setup.

also, try the insteon "fast off" trigger. double tap the off paddle to trigger and see if this trigger works.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

you need to use "device status change" as your trigger.

the insteon special triggers are for double taps (fast on or fast off) to tell HS to do different things than power the load on the switch.

Comment

It's now working with the insteon special trigger transmit on command. I've delete everything and start over.

In my office, I have two sets of light. One on an x10 Leviton dimmer and one on a switchlinc dimmer. The two dimmers are not side by side on a double gang box. They are a few feets a part.

What is cool now is that I use the fast on/off trigger to turn on or off the x10 dimmer from the Insteon one at the entry.

It's not perfect, since you have to know about the fast on or off and also, the double tap does not work all the time. This probably cause by the speed I'm double tapping it.

Comment

Originally posted by Stef View Post
          It's now working with the insteon special trigger transmit on command. I've delete everything and start over.

In my office, I have two sets of light. One on an x10 Leviton dimmer and one on a switchlinc dimmer. The two dimmers are not side by side on a double gang box. They are a few feets a part.

What is cool now is that I use the fast on/off trigger to turn on or off the x10 dimmer from the Insteon one at the entry.

It's not perfect, since you have to know about the fast on or off and also, the double tap does not work all the time. This probably cause by the speed I'm double tapping it.
          glad you have a solution that works. and Yes the double-tap is a bit finicky, you have to get the timing just right. my kids drive me crazy with this; they beat on their switches trying to get their bedside lamps on
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
          Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
          Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
          Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by jono View Post
            you need to use "device status change" as your trigger.

the insteon special triggers are for double taps (fast on or fast off) to tell HS to do different things than power the load on the switch.
            You know, I hope that's not true, as I have seven events that use the Insteon special triggers for either on or off. They all work consistently.

Comment

fast on/fast off triggers

I don't have any installed (so many CFL's) so I tried triggering an event using a switchlinc relay. Nothing specific documented that I've come across yet. Is it just the switchlinc dimmers that send fast on/fast off commands?

Comment

Originally posted by ve3bwp View Post
                I don't have any installed (so many CFL's) so I tried triggering an event using a switchlinc relay. Nothing specific documented that I've come across yet. Is it just the switchlinc dimmers that send fast on/fast off commands?
                Relay switches should be able to send fast on/fast off
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Weird. I am able to get an HS event trigger on a "local on" no problem but no luck triggering on "local off". No luck triggering on either a "fast on" or "fast off". In the meantime I'll try this with another switchlinc relay in case its the switch or a comm issue.

No matter how I try to time the double tap.. only the local and linked loads are controlled. So are you able to send a fast on without sending an "on" command?

Comment

Weird. I am able to get an HS event trigger on a "local on" no problem but no luck triggering on "local off". No luck triggering on either a "fast on" or "fast off". In the meantime I'll try this with another switchlinc relay in case its the switch or a comm issue.

No matter how I try to time the double tap.. only the local and linked loads are controlled. So are you able to send a fast on without sending an "on" command?
                    i just tested fast on and fast off for a switchlinc dimmer and relays using v.1.2.3.4, and everything worked as expected.

you can not send a fast on without send an On.
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

>> you can not send a fast on without send an On.
                      Thanks. this makes sense.

I pounded away last night and my fast on triggered once. Was never able to get it to happen again and never able to get the fast off to trigger. I used to be able to send morse code so I tried and tried. I will set up a loose switchlinc dimmer I have and plug it in close to the PLM to rule our possible comm issues.

Even though my comm rates on HS are almost all 100% now.. I still have problems with certain linked devices not responding to each other intermittently. I'm suprised this can happen given this "mesh" networking/digipeating capability. I have over 40 devices and 7 access points!

Comment

I tried it again last night and this time the double tap worked perfectly! Its the the morse code equivelent of send an "I" at about 12wpm. So I guess I still have some more noisy loads in this place that need filtering. Its just not fair when your toys interfere with your toys! More filters!

Here's a dumb question.. is there a way to link responders to respond to the double tap (fast on/off) directly without have a HS event do it?

Comment

I tried it again last night and this time the double tap worked perfectly! Its the the morse code equivelent of send an "I" at about 12wpm. So I guess I still have some more noisy loads in this place that need filtering. Its just not fair when your toys interfere with your toys! More filters!

Here's a dumb question.. is there a way to link responders to respond to the double tap (fast on/off) directly without have a HS event do it?
                          sorry, can't link based on double tap
                          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                          X