This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No PLC in tray

MY XP PC just decided to die, so I decided to install HS 2.4.0.3 and the Insteon plugin 1.1.52.1 on another PC that s running Vista. The PLC tray icon does not appear and I keep getting 2 errors in the log that say that 3 files cannot be found: HNAP1 and TEADevInfo. Any thoughts?

Originally posted by aguden View Post
    MY XP PC just decided to die, so I decided to install HS 2.4.0.3 and the Insteon plugin 1.1.52.1 on another PC that s running Vista. The PLC tray icon does not appear and I keep getting 2 errors in the log that say that 3 files cannot be found: HNAP1 and TEADevInfo. Any thoughts?
    Do a search for TEADevInfo or HNAP1 for info on this. Did you install the correct Insteon plugin ie the PLC plugin and not the PLM plugin?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thanks

Looks like Network Magic is the culprit. All of my machines on the network that are running NM periodically try to sign onto the HS webserver. And it looks like the 2 files are NM files. So I guess I nned to turn off all things NM and then see if I can get that error to go away.

And I did install the correct PLC for insteon USB interface. It seems to install faultlessly but never ends up in the tray. And if you attempt to poll the devices (I have 34) it immediately response that there not found.

Maybe that will all work with NM off. If not I'll be back. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I had searched for one of the files but must have misspelled iy and then didn't bother with the second file....

Comment

Has anyone solved this? I have the same problem with a Cisco LinkSys router and Network Magic conflicting with HomeSeer 2. I get constant alternating annoying popup error messages from the HomeSeer icon in the System Tray. Very distracting!

Comment

Working...
        X