This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding a link using homeseer?

Hi, I have sucessfully removed links from a device using Homeseer in the "Manage devices screen". No problem viewing the links.

But.. how do I add a link ?

It would be nice to save some running around the house pushing buttons (not that I can't use the excersize- but it makes the dogs bark).

Originally posted by ve3bwp View Post
    Hi, I have sucessfully removed links from a device using Homeseer in the "Manage devices screen". No problem viewing the links.

But.. how do I add a link ?

It would be nice to save some running around the house pushing buttons (not that I can't use the excersize- but it makes the dogs bark).
    with the latest version of the plugin v1.2.2.2 you can create links. Download the correct version based on your controller.

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=138967

to install the latest version, shutdown hs (backup your hs database, hspi_insteon.dll and insteon.ini; just in case), replace the hspi_insteon.dll with the new version and restart hs. Now go to the Links page of any device and you will see a create link section at the bottom.

ps did you vote in the following poll? if not, please do

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=138731
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Adding a link using homeseer?

And here I thought I had the latest version of the plug-in. The updater offers ver 1.1.52.1.

Anyway. I followed your instructions but am still not seeing a place to add links, just delete. See the attached screen capture of the plug-in. Am I missing something?
      Attached Files

Comment

go to the other device links page to create the link that will control the appliance module. since the appliance module can not control i hide the create link option.
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

OK... the wallswitch devices are showing me the add link function and I have successfully added links. I just happened to start testing with with my O/Ilincs and appliance plugin modules.

Now if I could only add lincs to my 4 I/O linc modules..

Thanks,

Brian

Comment

Seems to work ok but time consuming. Maybe someday a way of queing up multiple edits and launching it. Doing it one by one takes a long long time, realy shows how slow moving data over the power line this way can be. I'm going to switch from my plc to 2412U plm and see if that helps speed things up!

Any reason why these version of the plugin were not available on the updater?

Comment

I have tested the link edit functionality quite a bit over the last few days. I used it to add 2 keypadlincs, 3 I/O lincs, and 3 switchlinc relays. I ran into some problems. For example, last night when I added a 3rd 8 button keypadlinc to control and show status of 4 i/o lincs (garage doors) and 3 switch lincs. I found a few of the links were wrong. Ie. I added Garage door(o/i linc 1) to button E , 2 to F .. 4 to H. when I pressed button A Garage door 1 kept opening. When I downloaded the links and looked at them there was a link for button A to control i/o linc 1. it was link #17. I tried to delete it several times. The plugin said the delation was successfull but kept showing up when i downloaded the links again.

I did a button press unlink and it deleted the link. So I used the plugin to delete all the links to the keypadlinc and did a factory reset of it and repeated the process of linking using the plugin. Same problem. Link showed up linking button A to i/o linc 1 which I had linked to button E. I'm not sure but I think this happened after I had the plugin set the device up for use with Homeseer. Again, when i turned on the diningroom light, garage door 1 was opening however it did not close when I shut the light off. Button E controlled door 1 fine.

Then with 3 switchlinks I tried linking them as a 4 way. Two slaves to one master I tried cross linking all 3 to each other. One slave would not act cross linked although it showed this in the link and download data. I did the button linking and it worked fine.

Sorry this is a bit vaque. It was a late night last night trying to figure out what was wrong and hopefully find a pattern. If you need more info let me know. In the meantime I reset all the devices I tried to link with the plugin and button added them and they all work fine now.

Comment

lets focus on one link scenario that isn't working. Please post a screen shot of the link page as you have it configured before clicking the 'create link' btn

then i need a screen shot of the device link table with what the outcome looks like. or maybe a screen shot from both devices in the link.

i haven't tested anything in the plugin with an i/o linc so i can't comment on those links.
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Ok will do. It will be a few days... then i will recreate the error with keypad link 3 and everything linked to it. These are great at turning off the lights but it seems to have a similar effect on the women in the household ( when it's not working properly).

In the meantime is there an easy way to export the insteon device inventory into a spreadsheet friendly file?

Comment

Ok will do. It will be a few days... then i will recreate the error with keypad link 3 and everything linked to it. These are great at turning off the lights but it seems to have a similar effect on the women in the household ( when it's not working properly).

In the meantime is there an easy way to export the insteon device inventory into a spreadsheet friendly file?
                    the hs devices are stored an the access database. if you have ms access you can open the database (while hs is shutdown) and export the Devices (i think) table.
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

i think i found an bug in the link code. did you recieve any red error msgs in the log while building links? if so, can you post the insteon error report.log file
                      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

I looked at the log files in the Logs directory and since I use notepad.exe to read them it does not show me any red coloured entries. The log window in HS shows colours but since this is a few days ago it is no longer showing in the log window. I have attached the log files and error log from the days I encountered the problems. Does this help?
                        Attached Files

Comment

>> the hs devices are stored an the access database. if you have ms access you can open the database (while hs is shutdown) and export the Devices (i think) table.

The mdb is password protected. What is the password?

Comment

>> the hs devices are stored an the access database. if you have ms access you can open the database (while hs is shutdown) and export the Devices (i think) table.

The mdb is password protected. What is the password?
                            when you shutdown hs normally, the pswd is removed
                            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

It worked! Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X