X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon Lighting Plug-In v1.3 with Motion Sensor and Triggerlinc Support

Version 1.3.0.0 (released 1/24/2010)

New Features

- Supports Triggerlincs and Motion Sensors (V1 and V2) through the use of the new Insteon i2 protocol. Note: Put these devices in linking mode before manually adding. Changing settings will be in the next version.
    - Restarts the com port if the connection to the USB PLM is lost.

Changes
    - Devices that can not respond (ie MSs, TLs, ControlLincs, Groups, etc) will not be polled

Fixes
    - Ramp rates for group devices display correct default value (.1 sec instead of 9 min).
    - Group controller device btns display the correct btn name
    - Manually adding i2 devices
    Attached Files
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

working well so far... thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by alevey View Post
      working well so far... thanks!
      great, can you give us some specifics of what you have tried? for example registered new MSs or LTs.
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
        great, can you give us some specifics of what you have tried? for example registered new MSs or LTs.
        I successfully added a motion sensor. Working great so far.

Comment

One thing I see though is after the upgrade, I am getting this message about the previous script adding my thermostats as external devices.

"1/25/2010 12:12:51 PM ~!~Insteon~!~Error: An attempt was made to initialize an e
          xternal Insteon device ID# 11.C0.FC. This device is already supported within the
          plug-in itself. The request was denied."

Was code added to start supporting Venstar thermostats more?

Comment

Originally posted by leerogers View Post
            One thing I see though is after the upgrade, I am getting this message about the previous script adding my thermostats as external devices.

"1/25/2010 12:12:51 PM ~!~Insteon~!~Error: An attempt was made to initialize an e
            xternal Insteon device ID# 11.C0.FC. This device is already supported within the
            plug-in itself. The request was denied."

Was code added to start supporting Venstar thermostats more?
            No, i didn't add any thermostat code. check the insteon.ini to make sure that device ID# 11.C0.FC did not somehow get registered. also what is the 4 digit device type for the tstat?
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

No, i didn't add any thermostat code. check the insteon.ini to make sure that device ID# 11.C0.FC did not somehow get registered. also what is the 4 digit device type for the tstat?
              Good call, I found it in the insteon.ini file. I may have inadvertently decided to manually add it. I removed both thermostats from the insteon devices and we're back on. Thanks.

FYI, here is the section from one of the thermostats. It looks like DeviceType=0503.

[Device 34]
              DeviceID=11.C0.FC
              DeviceName=Back Tstat
              DeviceLocation=Hall
              PollingInterval=1
              DeviceType=0503
              FirmwareVer=91
              DatabaseDelta=33
              LinksDownloaded=1
              Protocol=2
              EEValues=
              LastContact=1/25/2010 12:12:35 PM
              NumLinks=2
              RecentDatabaseDelta=33
              Link 1=E2 01 0F 44 09 FF 1F 01 1
              Link 2=A2 FE 0F 44 09 FF 1F 01 2
              TotalInteractions=59
              FailedInteractions=1

Comment

I'm having an issue where I cannot enable the X10 support... not sure if it is my setup or the plugin.

Anyone else having the issue?

Comment

I'm having an issue where I cannot enable the X10 support... not sure if it is my setup or the plugin.

Are you getting any errors listed in the HomeSeer log file?
                  💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                    Are you getting any errors listed in the HomeSeer log file?
                    yes there is an error msg...
                    "Unable to initialize X-10 interface Inste :Either no license or trial has expired"

... I found an old thread where you helped there too

Is this a corrupt settings.ini section for gSelectedX10Interface= ?

When I try to enable X10 using "SmartHome PowerLinc USB"
                    - buttons on the interface never change (always shows 'Disabled')
                    - setting shows "gSelectedX10Interface=SmartHome PowerLinc U"
                    - error in the log... "Unable to initialize X-10 interface SmartHome PowerLinc U :Either no license or trial has expired"

So... what should the settings show/say?

This was working fine for a long time.

Comment

Can you please put in a help desk bug report on this. We have to get this fixed.

Comment

update...

I cleared out the gSelectedX10Interface= , closed HS and restarted... it reset my com port to 1 (so I had to fix this) but it is now working.

not sure if this is a plugin issue or an HS issue

Comment

update...

I cleared out the gSelectedX10Interface= , closed HS and restarted... it reset my com port to 1 (so I had to fix this) but it is now working.

It's a HomeSeer issue so please put in a help desk request.

Comment

i just enabled x10 support, successfully sent an x10 cmd and then disabled the x10 interface.

Try rolling back to the previous version and see if you are still having problems
                            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

update...

for what it's worth, the insteon plugin does not read or modify the settings.ini gSelectedX10Interface key
                              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                              X