This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple Keypadlincs - Multilinked

Hi all - I wanted to control the lighting in our out buildings. After talking to Smarthome, I was convinced that using multilple keypadlinc 6s would do the trick. And it did. I can check any one of three switches and tell if any of the outside lights are on and turn them on or off. Basically all three keypadlincs are multi-linked to each other.

I have been using Homeseer for a long time with X10. I now want to control the Insteon lighting with Homeseer and purchased a 2413U PLM. I have it working with 2.4.0.11 and one Keypadlinc. I had (nievely) thought that identifying a Keypadlinc device would only allow control of that device's address. It looks like I can control all three devices from one identified Keypadlinc.

My question is (drumroll): Since all three devices are multilinked at the switch and apparently addressable from Homeseer as main, A, and D, does it make sense to add the other device (keypadlinc) addresses to Homeseer? Being a newbie to Insteon, it seems that doing so might be confusing.

it doesn't hurt to register the other KPLs with the plugin, but there may not be much advantage either.

Its like a 3way circuit for stairway lighting. Only one switch is the primary that actually controls the load, the other switch is secondary.

for nothing else, you will be able to manage the links between the KPLs using the plugin as opposed to running around the building
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Working...
    X