X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PLM 2413 Switch Issues -- Hub Solution?

Mark,

Would the INSTEON Hub be a more reliable "PLM" than the 2413U which keeps failing on the USB connection? If I understand correctly, your software will enable connection between HomeSeer and the Insteon Hub (similar to the connection I currently using via 2413U), but the connection would be via the LAN lines (more reliable) rather than the USB/COM interface? Would I lose any functionality by using the hub as my "plm" connection to HS?

Comment

Originally posted by SQLGOD View Post
      Mark,

Would the INSTEON Hub be a more reliable "PLM" than the 2413U which keeps failing on the USB connection? If I understand correctly, your software will enable connection between HomeSeer and the Insteon Hub (similar to the connection I currently using via 2413U), but the connection would be via the LAN lines (more reliable) rather than the USB/COM interface? Would I lose any functionality by using the hub as my "plm" connection to HS?
      the hub is very experimental at this point. so i can't comment on the reliability of it.

But you do understand the connection between hs and the hub correctly.
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Re: Migrating from the PLC to the PLM or Swapping PLMs

Mark, I'm having the exact same issue as sqlgod. I even ordered a replacement thinking the plm was defective and both exhibit the same behavior. After it initializes it starts with transmit failures and the starts a port reset. I have to reset the plm to get it to initialize again.

Any suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by clvranger View Post
          Mark, I'm having the exact same issue as sqlgod. I even ordered a replacement thinking the plm was defective and both exhibit the same behavior. After it initializes it starts with transmit failures and the starts a port reset. I have to reset the plm to get it to initialize again.

Any suggestions?
          what plugin version are you running?
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
          Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
          Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
          Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

1.8.2.2 and I even tried going back a few revisions.

Comment

can you remove the PortType=USB from your insteon.ini and retest
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Same thing:
                1/10/2013 7:56:26 PM - Insteon - The RF PLM has failed to transmit the last 10 commands.
                1/10/2013 7:56:26 PM - Insteon - Warning! Communications lost. Attempting to restart the port...

Comment

Same thing:
                  1/10/2013 7:56:26 PM - Insteon - The RF PLM has failed to transmit the last 10 commands.
                  1/10/2013 7:56:26 PM - Insteon - Warning! Communications lost. Attempting to restart the port...

will the plugin recognize the plm at startup?

if so can you run the 'reset and reprogram interface' from the plugin config page or have you already tried this
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

I may have gotten to the bottom of it. I noticed keypads weren't working either for scenes I had set completely independent of Homeseer. Decided to kill the power to the house for about a minute and magically everything started working again. No more transmit failures. Not sure what device would have caused something like that to happen and with 60+ devices not sure I will ever know.

Anyway disregard as it seems to have nothing to do with the previous updates.

thanks
                    Chris

Comment

I may have gotten to the bottom of it. I noticed keypads weren't working either for scenes I had set completely independent of Homeseer. Decided to kill the power to the house for about a minute and magically everything started working again. No more transmit failures. Not sure what device would have caused something like that to happen and with 60+ devices not sure I will ever know.

Anyway disregard as it seems to have nothing to do with the previous updates.

thanks
                      Chris
                      thanks for reporting the fix/solution
                      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

So frustrated

After several years of tried and true operation of insteon devices through HS, something went crazy yesterday and my 2313u PLM will not hold a connection to the plugin :-(. I have followed just about every procedure that I could find on this forum and the results continue to be the same.. HS starts, finds the PLM, starts the plugin, communicates briefly, them the PLM stops responding to any command from the plugin.

So my question is... should I just purchase a 2313S (serial) interface? Will this cure my woes? Not a lot of time to mess around with the system these days. Just like (and need) something reliable.

Thanks all for your time.

Tim

Comment

So frustrated

After several years of tried and true operation of insteon devices through HS, something went crazy yesterday and my 2313u PLM will not hold a connection to the plugin :-(. I have followed just about every procedure that I could find on this forum and the results continue to be the same.. HS starts, finds the PLM, starts the plugin, communicates briefly, them the PLM stops responding to any command from the plugin.

So my question is... should I just purchase a 2313S (serial) interface? Will this cure my woes? Not a lot of time to mess around with the system these days. Just like (and need) something reliable.

Thanks all for your time.

Tim

Comment

Re: Migrating from the PLC to the PLM or Swapping PLMs

A few things

-I know you said you tried many things..can you list them? I wondering if a factory reset is on the list.
                            - Did anything of note happen on your powerline recently? A power spike, brown out, blackout? It may have been damaged.
                            -Any windows updates that could have affected drivers?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
                            Paul

Comment

Unfortunately a factory reset was not on my list. Will do that Lateran when I get home... thanks. As for Windows updates, yes an autoeloquent update occurred. I then had to update the freight driver which forced a new com port (was 4, now 10). Since I am at work presently, I don't have the info on the different versions of the plugin I tried, but I think I tried them all... lol. Reverted back to my original(1.7 something?... not sure). Anyway, I am thinking that the PLM is toast. Don't know of a way to test it. Had it for several years though.

I followed the instructions (which were very clear) on installing the assorted plugin versions... and each version loaded properly without HS errors.

Anyway, will try the hard reset. How about switching to the serial PLM? Worth it?

Thalamus,

Tim

Comment

Sorry... doing this on my phone is not very intuitive...

Thanks,

Tim

Comment

Working...
                                X