This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with 3-way circuit

I have two Insteon V2 dimmers on my kitchen. Problem is, one if the dimmers never goes past the initial dim I have it set to - even when double tapping - the other is fine. I know the switch is fine since I can send a 100% command and it works fine.

I have them linked using the plugin.

Can someone give me a step-by-step on how to properly program them?

Originally posted by Ltek View Post
    I have two Insteon V2 dimmers on my kitchen. Problem is, one if the dimmers never goes past the initial dim I have it set to - even when double tapping - the other is fine. I know the switch is fine since I can send a 100% command and it works fine.

I have them linked using the plugin.

Can someone give me a step-by-step on how to properly program them?
    I would suggestion doing a factor reset on both and then reprogramming using the plugin. test the switches along the way
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

I did as you suggested. And read the Insteon dimmer user guide suggesting to set the initial dim level & ramp rate BEFORE cross-linking - so I did

But, it still working strangely. Do you have 3-way dimmers that you have the initial dim level & ramp rate set?

Comment

Originally posted by Ltek View Post
        I did as you suggested. And read the Insteon dimmer user guide suggesting to set the initial dim level & ramp rate BEFORE cross-linking - so I did

But, it still working strangely. Do you have 3-way dimmers that you have the initial dim level & ramp rate set?
        i do have a 3way setup with dim levels. mine seem to work just fine. with the plugin you can set the individual on levels and ramp rates before or after a cross link is created. you can also set on levels and ramp rates for the cross links as well.

turn on detailed debugging and try the following

double tap both switches and see if you see a is msg logged indicating a Fast On

if you can't find it, post the log and i can help
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Working...
        X