This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RemoteLinc links cannot be read

I am trying to add a RemoteLinc to Homeseer for the first time. I put it into linking mode and use the add feature within the Insteon plugin but it cannot read the link table.

"This plug-in was able to contact your device but the link table could not be read. This device can be controlled through HomeSeer and can be polled but instant change notification is not available."

This isn't normal, right? The plugin doesn't create any devices although the plugin has it. I am using v1.4.2.4 In PLM Mode. Here is the entry from insteon.ini.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

[Device 40]
    DeviceID=0A.1E.D5
    DeviceName=Remote
    DeviceLocation=Family Room
    PollingInterval=0
    DeviceType=0005
    FirmwareVer=7C
    DatabaseDelta=-1
    LinksDownloaded=0
    Protocol=2
    EEValues=

Lee, try changing Protocol=1 in the ini section you posted . You will need to restart hs to have this change take affect.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
      Lee, try changing Protocol=1 in the ini section you posted . You will need to restart hs to have this change take affect.
      Thanks for the help Mark, but no luck. Made the change, restarted HS but when trying to "program device for Homeseer" or "re-read device links and settings" continues to give me this error:

"The link tables and device settings could not be retrieved for your device."

When removing and adding the RemoteLinc, I continue to get:

"This plug-in was able to contact your device but the link table could not be read. This device can be controlled through HomeSeer and can be polled but instant change notification is not available."

Bad remote?

Comment

Nevermind, I reviewed the logs and found some errors around my insteon.ini file. I restored from a backup and the remote now works.

Thanks!

Comment

can you post what you found/fixed for the next person.
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
          Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
          Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
          Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
            can you post what you found/fixed for the next person.
            Actually, for whatever reason, I added a new unrelated device and it created two entries in the insteon.ini file. Not sure if it was me clicking too fast or what. I noticed errors on starting up the insteon plug-in. So to make thing easy, I just restored an older config (I make backups every night) and all was back to normal. For what its worth, it wasn't directly related to the RemoteLinc.

Comment

Working...
            X