This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plug-in Documentation

I am not sure where to find the documentation. Something that I read or saw in the interface led me to believe that there should have been something install in my homeseer directory. However, I cannot find anything there. Is there somewhere else that I can download this from? I would be interested in docs on both the interfaces as well as the external device support.
    - Tom

HSPro/Insteon
    Web Site
    YouTube Channel

You can find the documentation in the html\Insteon directory off your HomeSeer root.

Comment

I don't even have an [HS]/html/insteon directory. I wonder if something isn't messed up in my install. I started with a fresh install of HSPRO a few weeks back. My updater said the latest version of the PLM plugin was 1.1.?.?. I had been using this to setup my devices. Many of my devcats were not recognized. After some reading on the forum I discovered that HST dropped development of an insteon interface and Mark took it over later. I also saw a 1.4.?.? in the stickies as a latest version. I just replaced mine with that. If I recall correctly, there were no docs in that zip file so I'm not sure where the docs in html/insteon would have came from. The new install? The updater that showed the older version?

For the most part, I can tell what a button does in the interface, but some are just a little scary if I'm not sure what they do. Maybe to cut to the chase, could anyone sent me the docs from their system. Thanks.
      - Tom

HSPro/Insteon
      Web Site
      YouTube Channel

Comment

Docs

So I've been looking for the html docs too, no dice. I tried installing the sdk, etc but it doesn't appear to be there either. Currently I'm building an EZIO6I limited functionality external controller (for the inputs only) since the stock one isn't compatible and I can't find any scripts that others have built.

As an aside, would it make sense to create a thread for people to post their scripts... not quite a library but perhaps better than the sort of random approach we have now?''

- Jeff

Comment

Guys, i found a copy of the docs buried in my updates2 folder.

Just change the file extension to .odt

this is not a .zip file
          Attached Files
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
          Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
          Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
          Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Working...
          X