Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Insteon PLM Plug-in Version 1.5 (license required)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok

thx

let me know if there is anything else you need

Comment

different question for you on iolinc. given that the sensor is now working, what i really wanted to use was momentary C in this particular case. used your options and iolinc seems to work just fine. the manual, however, gives a way to select what the "on" polarity is for the sensor when you link it in momentary C, ie, is closed or open for the sensor "on". does one of your options accomplish the same thing or is this feature not available in the plugin

here's why i ask. normally, i have KPL buttons that are linked to modules. in every other case, when i linked them, i linked them with "ON" selected, ie, ON for the KPL button was ON for the module.

at the same time i set up momentary 3 and, before linking the KPLs, HS properly and with correct polarity, controlled my iosync. on was on and off was off. it suppressed toggling when already in the right state.

then i linked my KPL buttons to the module using "ON" as i have always done. weird result. my KPL buttons worked, but they were backward. turning a button on turned off the iosync and vice-versa. HS control from the HOME menu still worked with correct polarity. only the KPL button was backward. (i have 4 KPLs linked to this one and they all did the same thing. all 4 KPLs stayed in sync properly, but with backward linking polarity). i deleted the links and linked back with OFF. now everything is working correctly (but counterintuitively)

don't know if i did something wrong or there is a bug but i thought i'd report it. the iosyncs are working fine right now with what seems like backward links

only remaining issue is the missing links for my 6 button

thanks again

sjw

Comment

Steven i think i understand the polarity issue.

if i remember correctly you need to set the state of the iolinc and kpl btn before linking it.

see the manual for Mode C at the following url

http://wiki.smarthome.com/index.php?title=2450_Manual

if this is not what you were referring to then i need more info
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

yes, i'm aware that the iolinc has a step before linking that lets you select whether open or closed for the sensor is ON, but it is done at the time of linking really, not before it, according to the instructions

since i do my linking via the plug-in, i didn't know if you had considered an equivalent choice via the plug-in. are you saying i do have to be conscious of the sensor state at the time i enter links in the plug-in as this will become the ON state for the link?

btw, the only options i know of in the KPL that are similar are the button modes: toggle, always send on, always send off. these aren't available via the plug-in either, right? other than these, i don't see any other polarity settings

would you expect that the choice of ON or OFF when you create a link in the plug-in affect polarity of on and off for the IOLinc

also, btw, i purchased a license on-line but have not actually gotten anything. is there a license file i should expect?

thanks again

sjw

Comment

Steve,

i'll have to research this polarity issue a little. What i can tell you is i have no way of setting the state of the input sensor prior to linking.

have you tried linking the kpl to the iolinc when the iolinc input is On and select Off for the setting in the link?

regarding the license, you should recv and email from homeseer with a license # and pswd to register the plugin on the setup/interface page. Email them if you don't recv it shortly.

i should be able to fix the display link table issue tonight and post a build in the forum

thanks for your support
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
            Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
            Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
            Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

yes, the answer to your question is that is exactly the combination i arrived at by experimentation and it works for me for all cases. HS is correct polarity and KPL buttons indicate correct states. it was just counter-intuitive, but it works

sjw

Comment

Steve,
                give this build a try, it should fix the link table display on your kpl
                Attached Files
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Error Installing 1.5 last night

I couldn't install the 1.5 plugin last night, I got this error on Homeseer startup.

I run a pro-100

9/29/2010 11:00:08 PM
                  Method not found: 'Boolean System.Threading.WaitHandle.WaitOne(Int32)'.
                  HomeSeer version: 2.4.0.11
                  Source: HSPI_Insteon
                  Target: Void PLMBuffer_ProcessBufferThread()
                  Stack trace:
                  at HSPI_INSTEON.HSPI.PLMBuffer_ProcessBufferThread()
                  at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
                  at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Object userData)
                  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWi thGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
                  at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionConte xt executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
                  at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
                  at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Thanks
                  Mike<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>

Comment

Mike,

Make sure you have loaded all the latest service packs for the .net frameworks you have installed
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Will give it a shot tonight...thanks

Mike

Comment

I had .NET 2.0 and 3.0 installed. I tried to update the 3.0 but it said I didnt have BITS installed so it couldnt.

I run a pro-100 which runs XP Embedded, is this an issue?

I uninstalled 3.0 but then couldnt get it reinstalled.

Any thoughts?

Mike

Comment

Mike,
                          i don't know anything about the pro-100. i'll need you to ask HS or research the forum on this.

Please make sure you have the latest Service Packs for .net 2.0 and 3.0
                          Last edited by mnsandler; October 1, 2010, 10:15 AM.
                          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

so far so good with the new rev. the link edits now show correctly

thanks

sjw

Comment

I'm having problems with triggers on the IOLinc Sense

Hi Mark,

I am running the Hybrid Plug-In v1.4.2.0 In PLM Mode on a 2412U with HS Standard Edition 2.4.0.11. My first question is, do I need to update to the 1.5v of the Insteon Plugin before expecting to read the IOLinc sense status? And do I have to buy the pluggin, or just follow your instructions in this thread and load it? I got my current plug-in from the HS update page, so it is registered.

My other question is, I just can't seem to read the state of the IOLinc sense input, just the relay state. I followed this thread and I have to say I am not running my IOLinc in momentary mode, I am running it in Latching mode (as smarthome calls it), and I don't understand why momentary mode is required? I need to sustain the state of my relay for my application, and I also need to know the state of the sense input. In particular, I want to trigger an HS event off of the sense input state and then control the state of the relay via the action in the event. Polling is of interest to me as well, but if event triggering is reliable I can probably do without polling.

I also have some .js scripts that I run. I assume hs.PollDevice will poll the IOLinc, but how do I determine the difference between the relay status and sense status with the hs.DeviceStatus call?

<OI apologize for my ignorance because I think you have answered some of this, I just am not getting it.

Thanks
                              KeithV

Mark, I put my device info for the IOLinc. I think it all looks good.

[Device 20]
                              DeviceID=15.1A.18
                              DeviceName=Funace Heat
                              DeviceLocation=Heating
                              PollingInterval=10
                              DeviceType=0700
                              FirmwareVer=36
                              DatabaseDelta=4
                              LinksDownloaded=1
                              Protocol=2
                              EEValues=ClosureTime=0,OpFlags1=2,OpFlags2=4
                              LastContact=10/10/2010 1:47:40 PM
                              NumLinks=5
                              Link 1=A2 00 13 AC 13 FF 00 00 1
                              Link 2=E2 01 13 AC 13 FF 1F 01 2
                              Link 3=E2 01 04 E1 D3 FF 1F 01 3
                              RecentDatabaseDelta=4
                              Link 4=E2 01 0D 35 8F FF 1F 01 4
                              Link 5=A2 FE 0D 35 8F FF 1F 01 5
                              AutoShutoff=0
                              TotalInteractions=126
                              FailedInteractions=1
                              Last edited by ; October 11, 2010, 10:26 AM. Reason: Added Devices Info

Comment

mark can give you the RIGHT answer, but my impression is that you can only get one state. in momentary, it's the sensor input. in "latched" mode, it's the relay. don't think you can get the sensor in this mode. i am operating the iolinc in question in momentary C mode and reading the state of the sensor successfully.

good luck

sjw

Comment

Working...
                                X