Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Insteon PLM Plug-In Version 1.5.2 (license required)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is my first insteon device. I do not have any others yet. I planned to as soon as I was able to get this to work.

Comment

Originally posted by ccaiati@rcn.com View Post
      I just installed a morninglinc insteon controller. At first it would not work at all because of a previous version of the insteon plugin. I reinstalled HSPRO from scratch and now I can see the controller (2413U). The morninglinc I added in manually but it will not create the links I need to manage it. I get this error
      "***:Error in Background Update (DoJob): System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array. at BackgroundUpdate.DoJob()"

I am new to Insteon so not sure what I am missing.

Thanks
      Carlo
      Carlo,
      did the plugin generate an insteon error report.log file? if so, i need to see this. please zip and post the entire file.

I will say the morninglinc is a new addition to the plugin and has only been tested by one user that i know of. So this may be a little painful as your first insteon experience.
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Mark

Thanks for the heads up. I sure know how to pick them :-). Please find attached the insteon error report.

Thanks
        Carlo
        Attached Files

Comment

Error while adding Access Point Device

I successfully added one Insteon Access Point, rev 2.4, and then got this error while attempting to add the next one, rev 1.3:

1/1/2011 1:24:51 AM - Insteon - Trouble converting [] to integer
          1/1/2011 1:24:51 AM - Insteon - ** An error occurred in this plug-in. The details have been written to the log file - C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS2\Config\Insteon Error Report.Log
          1/1/2011 1:24:51 AM - Insteon - ** To request help with this problem please post this log file to the forum along with a detailed description of what lead to this problem.

Thank you,
          Chris Shaker

Comment

Originally posted by cjshaker View Post
            I successfully added one Insteon Access Point, rev 2.4, and then got this error while attempting to add the next one, rev 1.3:

1/1/2011 1:24:51 AM - Insteon - Trouble converting [] to integer
            1/1/2011 1:24:51 AM - Insteon - ** An error occurred in this plug-in. The details have been written to the log file - C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS2\Config\Insteon Error Report.Log
            1/1/2011 1:24:51 AM - Insteon - ** To request help with this problem please post this log file to the forum along with a detailed description of what lead to this problem.

Thank you,
            Chris Shaker
            people have reported problems registering these devices, but usually after a few attempts they are able to register them. Please post the insteon error report.log and let me see if there is anything i can do to fix the error.
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
            Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
            Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
            Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Mark

Thanks for the heads up. I sure know how to pick them :-). Please find attached the insteon error report.

Thanks
              Carlo
              Carlo,

the morninglinc isn't responding as excepted

have you linked the morninglinc to your lock yet? i think this is required before registering it with the plugin
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Mark

I can open and lock my door with the morninglinc. I am assuming that at least this part is working as expected. As I am new to insteon I am not sure if there are some steps missing?

Thanks
                Carlo

Comment

Hi, I don't think the PLM is receiving extended X10 codes properly - I have a set of X10 TempLinc devices, and after going from a 2414PLC to a 2413PLM with PLM plugin version 1.5.2 I'm not getting any of the right information from the TempLincs.

I see the X10 commands, but the right device address/info is not showing up in the log when the TempLinc sends data. I saw another thread about extended X10 codes, and I downloaded 1.5.2.12, but that didn't resolve the issue.

I'm attaching the Insteon Error Log for details as well as the HomeSeer log for the commands.

The log has something like the following in it:
                  1/2/2011 4:40:22 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_ProcessInBuffer received STX 0x52, but the command payload is incomplete, waiting..
                  1/2/2011 4:40:22 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_ProcessInBuffer received STX 0x52 (Raw X10 Rec):94 00
                  1/2/2011 4:40:22 PM ~!~Insteon~!~Processing Received X10 Address: F15
                  1/2/2011 4:40:22 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_ProcessInBuffer received STX 0x52 (Raw X10 Rec):8A 80
                  1/2/2011 4:40:22 PM ~!~Insteon~!~Processing Received X10 Command: NX10 Code:10
                  1/2/2011 4:40:22 PM ~!~X10 Received~!~N15 (?) N Preset Dim 0

HomeSeer sees N15, but the actual transmitting device is the F15 device - there is no N15. I believe the N15 data is actually part of the extended X10 data sent by the F15 device. Any ideas what can be done about this?
                  Attached Files

Comment

Mark

I can open and lock my door with the morninglinc. I am assuming that at least this part is working as expected. As I am new to insteon I am not sure if there are some steps missing?

Thanks
                    Carlo
                    Carlo,
                    please try the following build. i made a change specific to the morninglinc.

to install, shutdown hs, and copy the dll into your homeseer folder (replacing the existing file) then restart hs.

delete the device from the plugin and then readd

please post any error logs generated
                    Attached Files
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Mark

I copied the new file as instructed. I deleted the morninglinc, restarted and then added it back in. Looks like I am seeing the same error. See the attached error log.

Thanks
                      Carlo
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by timespinner View Post
                        Hi, I don't think the PLM is receiving extended X10 codes properly - I have a set of X10 TempLinc devices, and after going from a 2414PLC to a 2413PLM with PLM plugin version 1.5.2 I'm not getting any of the right information from the TempLincs.

I see the X10 commands, but the right device address/info is not showing up in the log when the TempLinc sends data. I saw another thread about extended X10 codes, and I downloaded 1.5.2.12, but that didn't resolve the issue.

I'm attaching the Insteon Error Log for details as well as the HomeSeer log for the commands.

The log has something like the following in it:
                        1/2/2011 4:40:22 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_ProcessInBuffer received STX 0x52, but the command payload is incomplete, waiting..
                        1/2/2011 4:40:22 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_ProcessInBuffer received STX 0x52 (Raw X10 Rec):94 00
                        1/2/2011 4:40:22 PM ~!~Insteon~!~Processing Received X10 Address: F15
                        1/2/2011 4:40:22 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_ProcessInBuffer received STX 0x52 (Raw X10 Rec):8A 80
                        1/2/2011 4:40:22 PM ~!~Insteon~!~Processing Received X10 Command: NX10 Code:10
                        1/2/2011 4:40:22 PM ~!~X10 Received~!~N15 (?) N Preset Dim 0

HomeSeer sees N15, but the actual transmitting device is the F15 device - there is no N15. I believe the N15 data is actually part of the extended X10 data sent by the F15 device. Any ideas what can be done about this?
                        no guarantees but i made a few changes, give it a try
                        Attached Files
                        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Incredible response time!

Mark, the new 1.5.2.14 build solved the issue - all X10 extended devices are working again. Incredible response time! Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by timespinner View Post
                            Mark, the new 1.5.2.14 build solved the issue - all X10 extended devices are working again. Incredible response time! Thank you.
                            You're welcome.

please test/verify that all your other x10 devices that transmit msgs are getting interrupted properly.

ps i would be interested in seeing a log snippet of the templinc msgs that are now working.
                            Last edited by mnsandler; January 3, 2011, 08:57 AM.
                            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Does this mean that the PLM really can do preset dims and extened data ???

Comment

Originally posted by dem5867 View Post
                                Does this mean that the PLM really can do preset dims and extened data ???
                                preset dims - yes

extended data - unclear, most of the insteon posts i've read say No

the templincs actually use a preset dim (not extended data) to tx their status
                                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                                X