Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Insteon PLM Plug-In Version 1.5.2 (license required)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon PLM Plug-In Version 1.5.2 (license required)

Here is the next version of the licensed plugin. Please post feedback and issues to this thread.

There is a bug in v1.5.2.0 that affects Motions Sensors. Upgrade to the following version below.

.Net Framework 2 with Service Pack 2 is required

To Install:

1. Backup your current hs database and insteon.ini
    2. Shutdown HS
    3. Copy the hspi_insteon.dll to the homeseer folder
    4. For new users only: copy the insteon.lf to the homeseer\config (this will provide a 30-day trial license)

New Features

- Action to Reset and Reprogram Interface. Now you can schedule this action via a standard HS event
    - Reprogram multiple groups at once from the Manage Groups Page
    - Monitor the input sensor independently of the relay on IO Linc. Need to delete and readd the device. You will get two HS devices

Device Support Added

- GarageHawk garage module with status support only.
    - MorningLinc - Morning Industry RF Doorknob/Deadbolt Controller (must use Tap-Add to register)
    - Access Points - register and maintain status of these devices

Improvements

- Deleting a device seemed to freeze the system when there are a lot of registered devices. You will now get some status as to what is happening during the delete process
    - Added the Insteon Protocol version and Polling Interval to the Registered Device Page

Fixes

- Registering a RemoteLinc
    - Small bug with ICON switches with FW 60
    - Other misc bugs

Licenses are available in the Homeseer Store:
    http://store.homeseer.com/store/PI-I...n-P948C94.aspx

You will need the license file (.lf) attached below. Install it into your config folder

Thank you Jono and KeithV for helping me test.

Enjoy!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by mnsandler; January 17, 2011, 12:39 PM.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

The MorningLinc support works as far as the lock unlock features go. However, reading of links does not work. Here a log section where it was attempted.

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="2" width="100%"><tbody><tr> <td class="LOGDateTime1" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">11/24/2010 9:49:10 PM </td> <td class="LOGType1" colspan="3" align="left">Insteon </td> <td class="LOGEntry1" colspan="8" align="left">Device index 30 was selected.</td></tr> <tr> <td class="LOGDateTime0" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">11/24/2010 9:49:10 PM </td> <td class="LOGType0" colspan="3" align="left">Insteon </td> <td class="LOGEntry0" colspan="8" align="left">Edit Insteon Device # 30 Addr: 15.14.E2, Nameoor Lock, Location:Front Porch</td></tr> <tr> <td class="LOGDateTime1" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">11/24/2010 9:49:38 PM </td> <td class="LOGType1" colspan="3" align="left">Insteon </td> <td class="LOGEntry1" colspan="8" align="left">Submit Changes Selected</td></tr> <tr> <td class="LOGDateTime0" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">11/24/2010 9:49:50 PM </td> <td class="LOGType0" colspan="3" align="left">Insteon </td> <td class="LOGEntry0" colspan="8" align="left">Device index 30 was selected.</td></tr> <tr> <td class="LOGDateTime1" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">11/24/2010 9:49:50 PM </td> <td class="LOGType1" colspan="3" align="left">Insteon </td> <td class="LOGEntry1" colspan="8" align="left">Edit Insteon Device # 30 Addr: 15.14.E2, Nameoor Lock, Location:Front Porch</td></tr> <tr> <td class="LOGDateTime0" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">11/24/2010 9:49:57 PM </td> <td class="LOGType0" colspan="3" align="left">Insteon </td> <td class="LOGEntry0" colspan="8" align="left">Read Device Links and Settings Selected</td></tr> <tr> <td class="LOGDateTime1" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">11/24/2010 9:49:57 PM </td> <td class="LOGType1" colspan="3" align="left">Insteon </td> <td class="LOGEntry1" colspan="8" align="left">Launching new BackgroundUpdate Thread with job type 2...</td></tr> <tr> <td class="LOGDateTime0" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">11/24/2010 9:49:57 PM </td> <td class="LOGType0" colspan="3" align="left">Insteon </td> <td class="LOGEntry0" colspan="8" align="left">In BackgroundUpdate Thread...</td></tr> <tr> <td class="LOGDateTime1" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">11/24/2010 9:49:57 PM </td> <td class="LOGType1" colspan="3" align="left">Insteon </td> <td class="LOGEntry1" colspan="8" align="left">Reading remote link database record for device ID 15.14.E2 record # 1...</td></tr> <tr> <td class="LOGDateTime0" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">11/24/2010 9:49:57 PM </td> <td class="LOGType0" colspan="3" align="left">Insteon </td> <td class="LOGEntry0" colspan="8" align="left">Sending command 02 62 15 14 E2 1F 2F 00 00 00 0F FF 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 to RF PLM, (Expecting 0 bytes extra back) Pre-Payload ACK:False, NAK is ok:False</td></tr> <tr> <td class="LOGDateTime1" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">11/24/2010 9:49:57 PM </td> <td class="LOGType1" colspan="3" align="left">Insteon </td> <td class="LOGEntry1" colspan="8" align="left">..Got RF PLM Response 02 62 15 14 E2 1F 2F 00 00 00 0F FF 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 06</td></tr> <tr> <td class="LOGDateTime0" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">11/24/2010 9:49:57 PM </td> <td class="LOGType0" colspan="3" align="left">Insteon </td> <td class="LOGEntry0" colspan="8" align="left">Received STX 0x50 (Raw Insteon Rec):01 15 14 E2 13 24 43 27 2F 00 - Event: New msg for RF PLM, Src[15.14.E2] Dst[13.24.43] {Ack/Dir} Cmd1: 2F Cmd2: 00</td></tr> <tr> <td class="LOGDateTime1" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">11/24/2010 9:49:58 PM </td> <td class="LOGType1" colspan="3" align="left">Insteon </td> <td class="LOGEntry1" colspan="8" align="left">Received STX 0x51 (Raw Insteon Rec):01 15 14 E2 13 24 43 11 2F 00 01 01 00 FF 01 A2 01 13 AC 16 FF 00 00 00 - Event: New msg for RF PLM, Src[15.14.E2] Dst[13.24.43] {Direct} Cmd1: R/W ALDB Cmd2: 00 01 01 00 FF 01 A2 01 13 AC 16 FF 00 00 00</td></tr> <tr> <td class="LOGDateTime0" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">11/24/2010 9:49:59 PM </td> <td class="LOGType0" colspan="3" align="left">Insteon </td> <td class="LOGEntry0" colspan="8" align="left">Failed to get remote link database record for Insteon device 15.14.E2 record # 1.</td></tr> <tr> <td class="LOGDateTime1" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">11/24/2010 9:49:59 PM </td> <td class="LOGType1" colspan="3" align="left">Insteon </td> <td class="LOGEntry1" colspan="8" align="left">The database record for Insteon device 15.14.E2 record # 1 could not be read after 1 tries, aborting.</td></tr> <tr> <td class="LOGDateTime0" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">11/24/2010 9:49:59 PM </td> <td class="LOGType0" colspan="3" align="left">Insteon </td> <td class="LOGEntry0" colspan="8" align="left">BackgroundUpdate Thread Complete...</td></tr></tbody></table>
    I think that it is sending the link data back. 13.AC.16 was the address of the previous PLM that I had, and you can see it in the data above.
    This isn't a problem for me, but I thought you might like to know.

Comment

joegr,
      thanks for the feedback. I checked with SH on this issue while i was adding the device to the plugin. they said the link database was like that of any other device, but based on your log and others i've seen, the morninglinc is responding differently.

i'll follow up with SH and get back with you
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Registration error

I have been using this plugin for years now and thought I would purchase the new version to future proof the installation. After copying the dll into the directory and restarting homeseer, I went into the Interfaces screen to try and register it. After entering the License ID and password it comes up with the following message. "Registration error: Bad license file". I have reverted to the older version and I am up and running but I would like to get this fixed! It will not register with the trial lf file either, it also said it is expired if I copy thr lf file in the directory.

Help!

Dave

Comment

Never mind I figured it out, the .lf file needs to go in the config directory under homeseer!

D

Comment

Originally posted by smithdavee View Post
            Never mind I figured it out, the .lf file needs to go in the config directory under homeseer!

D
            Glad you figured it out. Thanks for your support
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

I wanted to support this as well by purchasing the plug in.

I do have an error after the upgrade, and HomeSeer locked up.
              I will list below what the error says.

Thanks for your help.

Travis

Here is what I have:

12/5/2010 6:45:48 PM
              Method not found: 'Boolean System.Threading.WaitHandle.WaitOne(Int32)'.
              HomeSeer version: 2.4.0.3
              Source: HSPI_Insteon
              Target: Void PLMBuffer_ProcessBufferThread()
              Stack trace:
              at HSPI_INSTEON.HSPI.PLMBuffer_ProcessBufferThread()
              at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
              at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Object userData)
              at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWi thGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
              at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionConte xt executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
              at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
              at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()
              Please specify what you were doing at the time of this error:

Comment

Originally posted by thedishking View Post
                I wanted to support this as well by purchasing the plug in.

I do have an error after the upgrade, and HomeSeer locked up.
                I will list below what the error says.

Thanks for your help.

Travis

Here is what I have:

12/5/2010 6:45:48 PM
                Method not found: 'Boolean System.Threading.WaitHandle.WaitOne(Int32)'.
                HomeSeer version: 2.4.0.3
                Source: HSPI_Insteon
                Target: Void PLMBuffer_ProcessBufferThread()
                Stack trace:
                at HSPI_INSTEON.HSPI.PLMBuffer_ProcessBufferThread()
                at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
                at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Object userData)
                at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWi thGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
                at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionConte xt executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
                at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
                at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()
                Please specify what you were doing at the time of this error:

this is a .net framework version issue. can you tell me what frameworks (ie 2.0, 3.5) you have installed

i think you need framework 2.0 sp2 at a minimum. I'll have to add this to the release notes
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

I believe I have 2.0 installed.

I have attached a screen shot.

Thanks for your help,

Travis
                  Attached Files

Comment

i believe you need .net 2.0 Service Pack 2. see the following from my add/remove control panel.
                    Attached Files
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Thank you very much,
                      that did the trick.

Travis

Comment

Found 1 issue

Hello Mark,

I have found 1 issue.

I must say, it does seem faster than before, that is nice.

The issue I found is when I have certain scenes execute, I "wash" the Insteon keypads off.

For example, I have 3 keypads in my basement. They are all controllers and responders to each other, but there are many times where they stay on.

If I turn the light off from an MX 980 remote with another 2413s via RS232, the command is to directly control the respective switch (in this case it is a 2476D dimmer), and not the related keypads.

So, the keypads stay on as far as status goes.

To fix this, I have HomeSeer turn off every button on a keypad during certain scenes. When I run "basement off", HomeSeer will turn off a, b, c, d, etc. and then it is nice and clean.

While I can run each button on an individual basis right now, the script is not turning off all of the buttons.

Thanks again for a wonderful job on this. My Insteon has never been so reliable.

Travis

Comment

Mark, I added one of my access points to the plugin. Doesn't seem to do much. What should or could I be doing with it?

Comment

Originally posted by heatvent View Post
                            Mark, I added one of my access points to the plugin. Doesn't seem to do much. What should or could I be doing with it?
                            the only thing the plugin does is to 'ping' the device periodically based on the polling interval. You could setup a trigger to alert you if the AP is Off/offline.

that's about it. there are not options or setting for these devices.
                            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Originally posted by thedishking View Post
                              Hello Mark,

I have found 1 issue.

I must say, it does seem faster than before, that is nice.

The issue I found is when I have certain scenes execute, I "wash" the Insteon keypads off.

For example, I have 3 keypads in my basement. They are all controllers and responders to each other, but there are many times where they stay on.

If I turn the light off from an MX 980 remote with another 2413s via RS232, the command is to directly control the respective switch (in this case it is a 2476D dimmer), and not the related keypads.

So, the keypads stay on as far as status goes.

To fix this, I have HomeSeer turn off every button on a keypad during certain scenes. When I run "basement off", HomeSeer will turn off a, b, c, d, etc. and then it is nice and clean.

While I can run each button on an individual basis right now, the script is not turning off all of the buttons.

Thanks again for a wonderful job on this. My Insteon has never been so reliable.

Travis

Travis,

have you tried the new 'sync responder' feature? when you turn off the switchlinc, the plugin to turn off other linked devices.

otherwise, i would suggest creating an insteon group to turn off multiple kpl btns at once
                              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                              X