Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Insteon PLM Plug-In Version 1.5.3 (license required)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon PLM Plug-In Version 1.5.3 (license required)

Here is the next version of the licensed plugin. Please post feedback and issues to this thread.

.Net Framework 2 with Service Pack 2 is required

To Install:

1. Backup your current hs database and insteon.ini
    2. Shutdown HS
    3. Copy the hspi_insteon.dll to the homeseer folder
    4. For new users only: copy the insteon.lf to the homeseer\config (this will provide a 30-day trial license)

New Features
    - A button called Display Interface Links on the config page that will display the Link Database in the Interface. This will update the Config page each time. This may take several minutes to run on large (100+ device) installations
    - A Link counter when using the Hardware Reset and Reprogram Interface button
    - A routine that will attempt to restart the PLM Com Port every 5 secs for 2 minutes if a problem occurs
    - A Trigger called Interface Crashes to notify HS when the PLM communication cannot be restarted
    - A Trigger called iMeter Reset to notify HS when the iMeter is reset manually from the HS status page
    - An Action to change the device polling frequency. This updates the Device Edit page in the plugin

Revisions
    - Updated the Hardware Reset and Reprogram Interface routine to only write necessary link

Device Support Added
    - SynchroLinc
    - Solo iMeter

Fixes
    - Register Motions Sensors
    - X10 Preset Dim, and other X10 inbound message processing
    - Firmware check issue with USB Dongle
    - Other misc bugs reported in v1.5.2

Licenses are available in the Homeseer Store:
    http://store.homeseer.com/store/PI-I...n-P948C94.aspx

Thank you KeithV, Jono, and HacksawHA for helping me test.
    Attached Files
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

I'll post additional information here as necessary

On the Display Interface Links, if the Description is blank this may indicate the link is unused or the device is no longer registered. The PLM manages the link status (active/inactive) and does not provide this status back.

Please make sure you upgrade your FTDI Chipset driver to 2.8.8. http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm I have found the newer driver does a better job notifying the plugin if there is an issue. To Check your current driver version: Open the Windows Device Manager, then open the Ports, then double-click the USB Serial Port in question and select the Driver tab to see the current version installed
    Last edited by mnsandler; February 9, 2011, 01:38 PM.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Working well for me on 130+ devices. Thanks Mark for continued outstanding work and attention on this plug in.

Comment

So, how is this version working for everyone?

Anyone using the new "Interface Crashes" trigger to restart HS
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

I noticed my old plug in had some errors so I just downloaded this one this AM.

Looks great thus far; will post any issues should they pop up.

77 Insteon devices.

Travis

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post

Currently using 1.5.3.3.

After installing 1.5.3.0, realized several days later (5-6) looking at the logs that I was geting, every 30 seconds:
            Warning~!~UPNP Discovery is not running, most likely your PC does not have a valid IP address, will try to enable later: An invalid argument was supplied
            Warning~!~If this system is not on a network, disable UPNP in Setup.
            I did have a valid IP address.

After installing 1.5.3.3 and restarting HS, Upnp errors did not appear.

Nothing major, but I thought I woudl mention it.

Comment

Originally posted by claude View Post
              Currently using 1.5.3.3.

After installing 1.5.3.0, realized several days later (5-6) looking at the logs that I was geting, every 30 seconds:
              Warning~!~UPNP Discovery is not running, most likely your PC does not have a valid IP address, will try to enable later: An invalid argument was supplied
              Warning~!~If this system is not on a network, disable UPNP in Setup.
              I did have a valid IP address.

After installing 1.5.3.3 and restarting HS, Upnp errors did not appear.

Nothing major, but I thought I woudl mention it.

Interesting, but i don't think this error is related to the insteon plugin.
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

where is 1.5.3.3 posted? i only see 1.5.3.0

thanks

sjw

Comment

Mark,

The latest version of the plugin is working great. Thanks for all you hard work. I do have one request. When displaying the links that a device has, would it be possible to display them in "Link" order? Currently the links are displayed out of order. This would help in determining the link programming.

Thanks,
                  Judd

Comment

Originally posted by stevewinick View Post
                    where is 1.5.3.3 posted? i only see 1.5.3.0

thanks

sjw
                    don't worry about 1.5.3.3 i only added support for an unusual kpl devicetype 0220.
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Originally posted by jpape View Post
                      Mark,

The latest version of the plugin is working great. Thanks for all you hard work. I do have one request. When displaying the links that a device has, would it be possible to display them in "Link" order? Currently the links are displayed out of order. This would help in determining the link programming.

Thanks,
                      Judd
                      I'll add sorting to my list. The reason i put them in the order they are in now is it is easier for me debug if someone has a problem. when the links are in # order, its just a messs to look at, especially KPLs or if someone has a lot of links to a device.
                      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

I'll add sorting to my list. The reason i put them in the order they are in now is it is easier for me debug if someone has a problem. when the links are in # order, its just a messs to look at, especially KPLs or if someone has a lot of links to a device.
                        Maybe you can make the sort order a plugin option?

Comment

So far, your auto recovery is working to re-establish communications to the PLM. The only downside is that this doesn't happen until Homeseer tries to send a command or a poll, and that's understandable.

I do have a trigger set to reboot the PC, but so far it hasn't fired since the auto recovery fixes it first. Auto recovery didn't succeed in the previous version I was running.

Comment

Can't get 1.5.3 PLM to load - license issue?

I copied the V1.5.3 .dll file to homeseer and removed the old dll version, however, i keep getting licensing error messages (license does not exist) even though i only swapped out the .dll file and didn't touch the license file....so the updated insteon plm won't load. I have a insteon license. I suspect the new plm is looking for a different license format or file...

Ideas?

Also, when i use the plm to program a device, it will, for example, turn on or off the backlight. However, it won't set the dim rate or resume dim...ideas on how to fix? I can set the dim rate locally just not remotely with homeseer.

thanks, John.

Comment

license answer... and a rant...

well, the license answer is just that...i have to pay another $50 on top of the $600 i spent for hspro....to make it worse, hspro advertising is misleading about what's included in the product...see my rant elsewhere on this...

please tell me the ramp rate programmability isn't a "fix" to the older, free version of the plug in...

thanks.
                              Last edited by ; March 13, 2011, 10:18 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X