Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok, i posted pics of the device status and insteon - configuration devices, If you look at the Kaylahs room this is a insteon LED bulb that is ON because she uses Alexa to turn it off and on and not the standard light switch. The master bedroom closet led bulb has no alexa access and we use the standard light switch to cut it off and on. It seems like the LED bulb doesn't send a on/off etc command when switched manually because the status doesn't change for the closet bulb. So if someone uses the switch or there is a power failure homeseer doesn't recieve a status update until a command is issued by alexa or through homeseer Device management for all bulbs. If the closet light switch is left on for some reason the led light can be cut off/on through homeseer and the status updates

The other question was to fix the status issue of the LED bulbs not sending a status update when manually powered on/off by a light switch could i set a poll interval rate every 1hr for ex and hope that it can get the status updated to use in some events that i want to run if these lights are left on for so many hours etc. The most it looks i can get is just a Unknown status for bulbs manually switched on/off.
    I edit the Kaylahs led bulb last night and set a 45min poll rate but nothing happen and now i see its at 0 again so im not sure why that changed unless i thought i clicked save before returning to device list. It seem like the ISY did a lot of polling of devices so i wanted to figure how much and what devices need it using homeseer
    Attached Files

Comment

if you are using mechanical switches to control the bulbs, you will not be able to poll the bulb if its not getting power. these bulbs expect constant power and should be controlled via automation or another insteon switch. i guess the bulbs don't send a broadcast when turned on/off regardless.

polling is being disabled because of all the failed polling attempts to the device. to change this behavior do the following:
      add FailedPollThreshold=0 to the [config] section of your config\insteon.ini. you must shutdown the plugin before making this change.
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Thats to bad the bulbs dont broadcast a on/off, i wonder if other LED bulbs send on/off that are zwave, If not ill add new switches to my Christmas list!. I checked the LED bulb again and it showed the 45min Poll interval i set this time, Is 45m per device a good poll time to avoid collisions when setting others devices to 45m that give me status issues.

Comment

Originally posted by ocyberbum View Post
          Thats to bad the bulbs dont broadcast a on/off, i wonder if other LED bulbs send on/off that are zwave, If not ill add new switches to my Christmas list!. I checked the LED bulb again and it showed the 45min Poll interval i set this time, Is 45m per device a good poll time to avoid collisions when setting others devices to 45m that give me status issues.
          don't set too many devices to the same polling frequency. the plugin can only poll so many devices every minute. Maybe for this bulb every 40 minutes.

Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
          Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
          Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
          Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

What do you think of setting up a Poll Event, Have it where IF the status changes to unknown , i was going to use the built in poll option or a script i found

ex found on board
            &nhs.PluginFunction("Insteon", "", "PollDevice", new Object(){63})
            Attached Files
            Last edited by ocyberbum; November 18, 2018, 07:26 PM.

Comment

interesting idea. i guess give it a try and see how it goes. please report back
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
              X