This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Mark,

Well I think I had both a 1.x as well as a pre 2.3 version of the PLM. Not certain as I would have to try and find the remains of the failed units.

My setup now has an ISY-994i pro with the Z-wave and I had the PLM connected to it as well.

In my early days of HS2 Pro I was having reliable communication issues with the USB Z-wave stick I had and I wasn't sure what was causing the problem. Was it the stick or HS2?? Not sure, so I went the rout of the ISY-994i. It's been a great backup when access even HS3 Pro seems to be an issue using HSTouch. When HS3 Pro refuses to communicate, I can usually use the direct access to the ISY unit to accomplish what I needed.

Hmm, I just realized I must have had my first 2413U fail, replaced it with another, then went to the 2413S to use with the ISY unit, it failed. Took the Serial bus daughter board out of it and placed it in the second 2413U unit I had and it eventually failed as well.

Now I need to make a decision. Its actually a new 2413S I would need if I want the ISY-994i to be the primary controller and HS3 as my overall wrapper or do I retire my ISY unit, purchase a 2413U and a decent Z-Wave transceiver???

Well if I decide to go 100% back to Homeseer I have a few questions:

1) Is the 2413U a better, higher power transmitter and receiver for Insteon than the Hub or are they the same?

2) What is the best USB Z-wave unit I could use out there so I can get reliable communications. The ISY with it's antenna has been great thus far.

3) Alternatives to HSTouch and the Designer to control locally and remotely HS3?

4) If I want to move away from my MS Windows Home Server 2011 that is running HS3, what should I consider? I'm assuming it would still have to have USB ports for the Insteon and Z-wave adapters.

I have a HS3 Pro Lic. Looking at the controllers on:

https://homeseer.com/compare-smart-home-controllers/

These all seem to include some cost associated with buying a HS3 lic. as well. Is there a way to transfer an existing HS3 Pro Lic. or do I just end up buying a new Lic. I really don't need??

Comment

Originally posted by rjbur View Post
      Hi Mark,

Well I think I had both a 1.x as well as a pre 2.3 version of the PLM. Not certain as I would have to try and find the remains of the failed units.

My setup now has an ISY-994i pro with the Z-wave and I had the PLM connected to it as well.

In my early days of HS2 Pro I was having reliable communication issues with the USB Z-wave stick I had and I wasn't sure what was causing the problem. Was it the stick or HS2?? Not sure, so I went the rout of the ISY-994i. It's been a great backup when access even HS3 Pro seems to be an issue using HSTouch. When HS3 Pro refuses to communicate, I can usually use the direct access to the ISY unit to accomplish what I needed.

Hmm, I just realized I must have had my first 2413U fail, replaced it with another, then went to the 2413S to use with the ISY unit, it failed. Took the Serial bus daughter board out of it and placed it in the second 2413U unit I had and it eventually failed as well.

Now I need to make a decision. Its actually a new 2413S I would need if I want the ISY-994i to be the primary controller and HS3 as my overall wrapper or do I retire my ISY unit, purchase a 2413U and a decent Z-Wave transceiver???

Well if I decide to go 100% back to Homeseer I have a few questions:

1) Is the 2413U a better, higher power transmitter and receiver for Insteon than the Hub or are they the same?

2) What is the best USB Z-wave unit I could use out there so I can get reliable communications. The ISY with it's antenna has been great thus far.

3) Alternatives to HSTouch and the Designer to control locally and remotely HS3?

4) If I want to move away from my MS Windows Home Server 2011 that is running HS3, what should I consider? I'm assuming it would still have to have USB ports for the Insteon and Z-wave adapters.

I have a HS3 Pro Lic. Looking at the controllers on:

https://homeseer.com/compare-smart-home-controllers/

These all seem to include some cost associated with buying a HS3 lic. as well. Is there a way to transfer an existing HS3 Pro Lic. or do I just end up buying a new Lic. I really don't need??
      1. I don't have any info on which controller is stronger. The reliability of the network is also impacted by the number of insteon devices and negatively impacted by noisy devices.

2. can't comment

3. not sure if there are alternatives to HS Touch. Any vendor had a similar plugin, but not sure if it exists in HS3

4. Linux is an alternative if you are familiar with the OS. Make sure your plugins are Linux compatible (not all are)

5. As I understand it, HS devices include the hs sw license. you won't be able to transfer your existing license. But you should contact HST to confirm.
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
        5. As I understand it, HS devices include the hs sw license. you won't be able to transfer your existing license. But you should contact HST to confirm.
        You can purchase a HomeTroller with the 'standard' license and you'll be able to upgrade the unit using your PRO license.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

if you have been using the hub and experiencing a lot of errors between the plugin and hub, please give 3.0.6.25 a try. its available in the beta section of the updater.

it won't generate as many error logs, it will just log a simple Normal msg to the hs log.

please post feedback to the beta thread at the top of the forum.
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
          Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
          Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
          Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

i posted 3.0.6.34 in the beta section of the updater that improves the xml buffer processing for the Hub 2.
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

the Jun 19, 2018 update will break your hub connection to the plugin

insteon implemented some kind of https/SSL connection

https://www.insteon.com/support-know...-release-notes

if you can prevent this update, please do so
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
                the Jun 19, 2018 update will break your hub connection to the plugin

insteon implemented some kind of https/SSL connection

https://www.insteon.com/support-know...-release-notes

if you can prevent this update, please do so
                Perfect... I wondered why my outside lights were not on this morning, now I know why...

Past post... see https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?p=1359269

These hub updates are going to be the death of me.
                Billy

Comment

Working...
                X