X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feature Request: Test Again

Mark, love your plugin, thanks for all your support for Insteon

I'm in the process of testing / troubleshooting a KPL. It would be nice to have a button on the test results page that says "test again". Right now you have to hit continue then scroll to the bottom and hit test communications.

Done.

check for v1.8.2.3 on the beta thread. Look for the Repeat btn on the results page

thanks for your support.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Thanks Mark, you rock. Makes it a lot easier to test.

Comment

Mark, I noticed that you can test multiple Insteon devices at the same time. How come it only pings up to 4 times on each device with this polling method, but if you poll a device individually it pings up to 20 times per that device?

Comment

Originally posted by skozin View Post
          Mark, I noticed that you can test multiple Insteon devices at the same time. How come it only pings up to 4 times on each device with this polling method, but if you poll a device individually it pings up to 20 times per that device?
          Steve,

i can make this an ini setting if you like, but i thought 20 pings per device would take a long time and probably not be necessary if you are testing multiple devices at once.
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
          Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
          Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
          Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

It doesn't matter to me, with over 50 devices, it would take a long time. I just seem to notice that the problematic switches that I have usually have problems after 10 pings. Between 10 to 15 pings might seem better, Or the choice by putting how many pings right next to the test button.

Thanks,
            Steve

Comment

Mark, is there a reason to limit to 4 devices? I like the idea of doing a communications check on everything with one click. That would be great for testing where interference is coming from.

Comment

Originally posted by jono View Post
                Mark, is there a reason to limit to 4 devices? I like the idea of doing a communications check on everything with one click. That would be great for testing where interference is coming from.
                I don't think there is any limit to the number of devices you can test at once, it's just that when you test more than one at a time, each device will only be tested for four pings. If you have 100 devices it will test all 100 with a total of 400 pings.

Comment

Thanks joegr. You are correct. I'm pinging away right now.

Comment

Working...
                  X