This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keypadlinc Status

I have several keypad lincs of various revisions. I have them crosslinked with each other in some cases and with the devices they control. That all works fine. A button press on one, affects others. Local control of devices, changes button appearances.

Events that run from HomeSeer do not affect the button status. I have tried a number of approaches including creating keypadline button events that are imposed into another event to change the status of the buttons. Nothing seems to work for me.

Even when I run the "test" from the event edit page, nothing happens.

I apologize if this has been covered, but when I search the responses are overwhelming.

Thank You

Me too

I, too, have what sounds like the same question. I know that controlling a device won't update the status on the KPL. Is the only thing you can do be manually setting the button status? This is what I do now. For example, a KPL button controls an OutletLinc. When I want the lamp connected to that outlet to turn off via an event, I have the OutletLinc turn off and set the KPL button to Off (two actions in the event). Is there no way to have the button [automatically] always reflect the status of the OutletLinc?

I can certainly always have actions in events set button statuses accordingly, but it is a manual step and would like to not have to force HS to set the status, but instead just have the button properly reflect the status of corresponding responders.

Scott

Comment

You can also create groups with the keypadlinc button in the group. It doesn't seem to matter if you set the button to be on or off in the group (but it has to be one or the other). If you set the group to be on, the button will light up. If you set the group to off, the button will go off. Note that setting a group to off will trigger the group just as if you had set it to on.
      (I know this doesn't solve the problem presented, I just thought I would throw this in.)

Comment

Have you tried the sync linked responder feature on the controller device edit page
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

I have not, but the help pop-up says it will sync when manipulated from the status page, which is not how I am doing it, which is from an event. Is it just poor labeling in the info bubble?

Comment

Originally posted by sbueffel View Post
            I have not, but the help pop-up says it will sync when manipulated from the status page, which is not how I am doing it, which is from an event. Is it just poor labeling in the info bubble?
            controlling a device from an event or from the status page basically runs the same code. give it a try.
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
            Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
            Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
            Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

For what is worth, I have/had the same issue. I had to reprogram the keypadlinc for the device window of the plugin and used "Program Device For Homeseer". Now the devices and buttons are in sync and actually go on and off.

So now I have four events for each button set for on/off toggle to keep the light on the key pad in sync as well as turn things on/off.
              Last edited by skybolt; January 2, 2013, 08:33 PM.
              -Skybolt

Comment

My experience with the KPL is this: if a button is associated with more than one device, the light will go On or Off as any linked device goes On or Off. That's why I wrote a script that would turn off a KPL button's light only if all associated devices were off and turn it on as soon as one of those devices was On.

If I use the 'sync linked responder' feature, could I get the same result (without the script) ?

Comment

Originally posted by claude View Post
                  My experience with the KPL is this: if a button is associated with more than one device, the light will go On or Off as any linked device goes On or Off. That's why I wrote a script that would turn off a KPL button's light only if all associated devices were off and turn it on as soon as one of those devices was On.

If I use the 'sync linked responder' feature, could I get the same result (without the script) ?
                  I am doing the same thing, but with events tracking the light status and/or button.
                  -Skybolt

Comment

Originally posted by claude View Post

the sync linked responders does not do what the script does. stick with the script.

the sync linked responders is best used in a 3-way circuit to update associated devices based on the controllers status
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Thank You

I appreciate all of the replies. The "crosslink synced devices" doesn't seem to impact button appearances.

Adding the buttons to the event doesn't work, nor do "button events" added to event.

I am very "event dependent" and would really like it if the status was accurately represented on keypads.

Comment

do the kpl lights change when you control them from the hs status page? if not, then the kpl links are missing. Please use the "program device for homeseer" on the device edit page within the plugin. This should fix the problem. If it doesn't you may need to factory reset the kpl, and use the "program device for homeseer" again
                        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Kpl

I only see the following: (this is typical of all of my KPLs) looks to me like they are linked. But controls done from the HomeSeer either by event or directly, do not affect button condition.

Device Link Table

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Link #1</TD><TD>Button On/Load has local control reporting to HomeSeer</TD></TR><TR><TD>Link #2</TD><TD>Button On/Load is controlled by HomeSeer using RF PLM Group #254 (HomeSeer All Devices Group) - On Level 100%, Ramp Rate .1 Sec.</TD></TR><TR><TD>Link #3</TD><TD>Button D is controlled by HomeSeer using RF PLM Group #28 (Button Control Group) - Command: On</TD></TR><TR><TD>Link #4</TD><TD>Button C has local control reporting to HomeSeer</TD></TR><TR><TD>Link #5</TD><TD>Button D has local control reporting to HomeSeer</TD></TR><TR><TD>Link #6</TD><TD>Button Off has local control reporting to HomeSeer</TD></TR><TR><TD>Link #7</TD><TD>Button A is controlled by HomeSeer using RF PLM Group #72 Registered Group #12 'Bathroom Ceiling' - Command: On</TD></TR><TR><TD>Link #8</TD><TD>Button On/Load is controlled by HomeSeer using RF PLM Group #24 (Button Control Group) - On Level 100%, Ramp Rate .1 Sec.</TD></TR><TR><TD>Link #9</TD><TD>Button Off is controlled by HomeSeer using RF PLM Group #29 (Button Control Group) - Command: On</TD></TR><TR><TD>Link #10</TD><TD>Button A is controlled by Bath, Bsmt Motion Detector Occupancy Sensor (14.BB.A0) - Command: On</TD></TR><TR><TD>Link #11</TD><TD>Button A is controlled by Bath, Bsmt Ceiling Lights (08.34.20) - Command: On</TD></TR><TR><TD>Link #12</TD><TD>Button A has local control reporting to HomeSeer</TD></TR><TR><TD>Link #13</TD><TD>Button B has local control reporting to HomeSeer</TD></TR><TR><TD>Link #14</TD><TD>Unknown Group/Button Name #31 is controlled by Unregistered Device Group 25 (1B.FF.FB) - Command: On</TD></TR><TR><TD>Link #15</TD><TD>Button C is controlled by HomeSeer using RF PLM Group #27 (Button Control Group) - Command: On</TD></TR><TR><TD>Link #16</TD><TD>Button D controls Exterior Flood Lamps Walkout (07.5A.87)</TD></TR><TR><TD>Link #17</TD><TD>Button D is controlled by Exterior Flood Lamps Walkout (07.5A.87) - Command: On</TD></TR><TR><TD>Link #18</TD><TD>Button On/Load is controlled by Rec Room Controlinc Button 4 (05.19.E4) - On Level 90%, Ramp Rate 4 Sec.</TD></TR><TR><TD>Link #19</TD><TD>Button A is controlled by Rec Room Controlinc Button 4 (05.19.E4) - Command: On</TD></TR><TR><TD>Link #20</TD><TD>Button B is controlled by Rec Room Controlinc Button 4 (05.19.E4) - Command: On</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Comment

you are missing links like the following for Button A and B like you have for C & D

Link #15 Button C is controlled by HomeSeer using RF PLM Group #27 (Button Control Group) - Command: On
                            Link #3 Button D is controlled by HomeSeer using RF PLM Group #28 (Button Control Group) - Command: On

use the program feature i mentioned
                            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Links

Did as you said and they are now present. I will check the others. Thank You

Comment

Working...
                              X