X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Use KeypadLinc as alarm console

Hi All,

Do you know if I can use a KeypadLinc as a main alarm console?

I would like to use it with the Insteon PLM Plug-in and set up some flags like AWAY, ARM, DISARM, VACATIONS, etc and exclude the status changes from devices like TriggerLinc and Montion Sensor depending on which flag is activaded.

What is the best way to do it with Insteon devices and PLM Plug-in?

Thanks,
    Alfredo

i don't see any reason why this won't work using events to control the kpl btns. But this seems like a lot of work.

are you trying to build an alarm system using just insteon devices and homeseer?
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

At least that's the idea, I know this is not a reliable option but now it's everything I have.

I thought it could work using events, I just wanted to be sure about this.

Thanks, Mark. If anyone else has an idea I'll appreciate it.

Comment

I use a KPL to set Alarm Stay from a bedroom that doesn't have an alarm keypad. I use BLDSC and Mark's plug in without issues.

Comment

Working...
        X