This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First tap, second tap dim levels

Mark, I have a few of my Insteon dimmers set for first tap dim, second tap full bright. Is there a way to have Homeseer read the dim level of the first tap setting? Currently Homeseer shows the device as "ON" after first tap.

I am using plugin v 1.7.3.1

Ken

Ken,
    I think you to set the default on-level for the dimmers within the plugin. Then when the plugin recvs the On from the switch it will set the dim level accordingly.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

I tried that and that setting only applies when you send an ON command from HomeSeer. It does not affect the on level when the dimmer is pressed.

As it turns out, utalizing the "first tap dim level" feature of the dimmer would not work for what I am trying to do. I want to set up an automatic "night light" when a light is turned off. What I ended up doing was to set up an event that when the device status changes to off and it is after sunset and before sunrise, the event sets the dimmer to 20%. Works perfectly!

Comment

Glad you found a working solution
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by Ken LaCapria View Post
          Mark, I have a few of my Insteon dimmers set for first tap dim, second tap full bright. Is there a way to have Homeseer read the dim level of the first tap setting? Currently Homeseer shows the device as "ON" after first tap.

I am using plugin v 1.7.3.1

Ken
          I'm interested to know how you do second tap stuff?

Comment

a quick double tap of a switch will trigger a Fast On trigger in the plugin
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
            X