X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Motion Sensor Battery level in a Device

Hi Mark,
    Would it be possible to put the battery level from the motion detector in a device?

P.S. My insteon is having no issues with "Excellent' Status on all my devices.

Aldo

Do you mean in some other way than it already is in the low battery warning device for the motion sensor. (If you go to the device value for the battery device, it gives the actual battery voltage. example: 82 = 8.2 volts. This only works if you have polling set for that motion sensor.)

Comment

I was thinking something similar to this.
      Attached Files

Comment

Probably not the answer you are looking for, but, The Doc (Jim Doolittle) did something similar for DooMotion.

He had a script that tacked motion sensor activation and reported when one had not been triggered for some time. He went one further and used A1 andd A2 as reserved addresses and if one triggered would report the sensor as suspect being the one that has not triggered for the longest time.

Motion sensors, except for Eprom fitted ones, revert to A1 and A2 when the battery goes flat.
        sigpic
        A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Guys,
          I'm probably not going to mess with the MS support at this time, I'm busy with other new SH devices and HS3. Please post the request to the Feature Request thread so i can find it later
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
          Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
          Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
          Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by aldo View Post
            I was thinking something similar to this.
            You can do a little math on the battery voltage value to convert it to a percentage if you want. I do that and display it as a bar graph on HSTouch.

Comment

Working...
            X