This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fisherk View Post
    That is the wierd part. the port is COM4 in the insteon.ini..
    Came home from work and the insteon was not responding.
    same message in the generated error file. It still references COM6 but I have Com4 in the ini file. The computer has com4 in the hardware settings for the Insteon....
    Insteon Plug-in Error Log Generated 8/3/2013 4:34:07 PM
    -----------*Error Message*----------------
    Error: Error in PLM_SendHex: A device attached to the system is not functioning.
    -- Details System.IO.IOException: A device attached to the system is not functioning.

at System.IO.Ports.InternalResources.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String str)
    at System.IO.Ports.SerialStream.EndWrite(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
    at System.IO.Ports.SerialStream.Write(Byte[] array, Int32 offset, Int32 count, Int32 timeout)
    at System.IO.Ports.SerialPort.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
    at HSPI_INSTEON.HSPI.PLM_SendHex(String CmdIn, String Data, Int32 ExtraBytesExpectedBack, Int32& FailCode, Boolean ACKBeforePayload, Boolean NAKIsOk, Int32 iForcedSettleTime) -- 8/3/2013 4:34:07 PM
    --------*Initialization Log*--------------
    8/3/2013 4:34:06 PM - Host System: HomeSeer 2.5.0.52
    8/3/2013 4:34:06 PM - Plugin: HSPI_Insteon.DLL - HYBRID PLM VERSION 1.1.52.1 In PLM Mode
    8/3/2013 4:34:06 PM - RegisterCallback Completed
    8/3/2013 4:34:06 PM - Enter InitIO
    8/3/2013 4:34:06 PM - Enter InitPlugin
    8/3/2013 4:34:06 PM - Global initialization of plug-in required, starting up.
    8/3/2013 4:34:06 PM - Initializing Insteon hardware interface...
    8/3/2013 4:34:07 PM - Sending command 02 60 to PLM, (Expecting 6 bytes extra back) Pre-Payload ACK:False, NAK is ok:False
    8/3/2013 4:34:07 PM - ***:Error in PLM_SendHex: A device attached to the system is not functioning.
    -- Details System.IO.IOException: A device attached to the system is not functioning.

at System.IO.Ports.InternalResources.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String str)
    at System.IO.Ports.SerialStream.EndWrite(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
    at System.IO.Ports.SerialStream.Write(Byte[] array, Int32 offset, Int32 count, Int32 timeout)
    at System.IO.Ports.SerialPort.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
    at HSPI_INSTEON.HSPI.PLM_SendHex(String CmdIn, String Data, Int32 ExtraBytesExpectedBack, Int32& FailCode, Boolean ACKBeforePayload, Boolean NAKIsOk, Int32 iForcedSettleTime)

-----------*Pre-Error Log*----------------
    --------*End Pre-Error Log*--------------
    --------*Start C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS2\Config\Insteon.ini*--------------
    [Config]
    PortType=USB
    GroupBaseCode=^
    LastInterfaceAddress=1E.4D.71
    NumDevices=12
    DeviceBaseCode=]
    MaxHops=2
    NumRetries=5
    WaitTimeout=5
    DetailedLog=1
    DoCleanups=1
    InterfaceCapability=5
    UseLocation2=0
    DisablePolling=0
    SortDeviceLinks=0
    NumInterfaceLinks=69
    InterfacePort=COM6
    InterfaceModel=
    [Device 1]
    DeviceID=1F.0A.EB
    DeviceName=Garage Door
    DeviceLocation=Garage
    PollingInterval=0
    DeviceType=0700
    FirmwareVer=41
    DatabaseDelta=1
    LinksDownloaded=1
    EEValues=ClosureTime=15,OpFlags1=154,OpFlags2=0
    LastContact=8/3/2013 12:47:54 PM

Comment

8/3/2013 4:34:06 PM - Plugin: HSPI_Insteon.DLL - HYBRID PLM VERSION 1.1.52.1 In PLM Mode
      I missed this the first time. this indicates are you running a very old plugin.
      if this is the case, none of the suggestions I made will help. you need to correct the com port on the hs setup/interface page.

This is a thread for the latest beta plugin which is what I thought you were running.

please start a new thread if you can't resolve this issue.
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Hmm

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
        I missed this the first time. this indicates are you running a very old plugin.
        if this is the case, none of the suggestions I made will help. you need to correct the com port on the hs setup/interface page.

This is a thread for the latest beta plugin which is what I thought you were running.

please start a new thread if you can't resolve this issue.
        This is weird. I thought I am running the latest version? I will DL again and verify the DLLs are there and get the version of the DLL files...

Comment

Can you turn on detailed logging in the plugin and see if you can capture a missed heartbeat msg in the scenario you outlined

ps. i move your post to the 1.9.x beta thread. you had posted it to the hs 3.0 beta by mistake.
          Is the string "missed heartbeat" or something else?

I want to make sure I am looking for the correct message.

Any ideas on why the HS status will not update even though when I put the sensor into link mode and test the communication via the plugin I get the following:
          Summary of ping responses:

Message Stat Count Percentage
          1 Hop (Excellent) 19 95%
          2 Hops (Good) 1 5%
          3 Hops (Poor) 0 0%
          Failed 0 0%

Comment

Originally posted by technerd View Post
            Is the string "missed heartbeat" or something else?

I want to make sure I am looking for the correct message.

Any ideas on why the HS status will not update even though when I put the sensor into link mode and test the communication via the plugin I get the following:
            Summary of ping responses:

Message Stat Count Percentage
            1 Hop (Excellent) 19 95%
            2 Hops (Good) 1 5%
            3 Hops (Poor) 0 0%
            Failed 0 0%
            you may be able to search for 'heartbeat' or the insteon id of the sensor. (
            Can't remember exactly) Either way the 24hr n heartbeat msg you are looking for should look similar to the heartbeat you see 15 secs after you set the sensor in water.

if you do not see a heartbeat msg in the log from the sensor after 24 hrs or so, then we have a different problem.

the plugin does not read the status during a Comm Test; it just checks to see if the devices responses to the ping request.
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
            Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
            Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
            Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Issues with PLM losing connection

This is weird. I thought I am running the latest version? I will DL again and verify the DLLs are there and get the version of the DLL files...
              OK I got and made sure the latest beta is running. Here is the log file after it stopped working lastnight
              Thanks!
              KEith
              Attached Files

Comment

OK I got and made sure the latest beta is running. Here is the log file after it stopped working lastnight
                Thanks!
                KEith
                something is going on with the Kitchen Lights (1D.CB.CA)

the plm seems to be having a lot of trouble with it.

can you tell me what this switch/device is connected to?
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

something is going on with the Kitchen Lights (1D.CB.CA)

the plm seems to be having a lot of trouble with it.

can you tell me what this switch/device is connected to?
                  It is a single insteon switch. I see the error about unable to communicate with several of my insteon switchs when the interface stops responding

Comment

is the switch connected to a flourescent?

I need you to track down noise on your powerline. this is causing the problem: the infamous usb disconnect issue. I have some suggestions in the documentation thread you should try

There is nothing else i can do in the plugin.
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

HS2 Insteon PLM Plug-In Version 1.9.1 Beta

Hi Mark, just a comment and something to watch for, I wonder how the hub handles this problem? I had this noise problem when I used the usb PLM and fixed it with inline x10 filters.

It would be interesting to see if the problem appears for hub users.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
                      Paul

Comment

Originally posted by pbibm View Post
                        Hi Mark, just a comment and something to watch for, I wonder how the hub handles this problem? I had this noise problem when I used the usb PLM and fixed it with inline x10 filters.

It would be interesting to see if the problem appears for hub users.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
                        I wouldn't think so. this issue is specific to the ftdi chip in the usb plm. the insteon hub doesn't have this chip; and if SH didn't learn anything from that problem when they designed the hub, then shame on them.
                        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

is the switch connected to a flourescent?

I need you to track down noise on your powerline. this is causing the problem: the infamous usb disconnect issue. I have some suggestions in the documentation thread you should try

There is nothing else i can do in the plugin.
                          No its not connected to a florecent

So the strange thing is that this was working - After a long spat of drop outs for about 6 months with no issue. Then my hard drive went out so I reinstalled the os and now get this every day. I have the latest and greatest drivers and plug in.
                          Right now my current set up is making x-10 seem really reliable!
                          Are there any tools for visualizing noise on my line?
                          Im at a loss to know what to do now but scrap it all and go back to manual flip switches.....
                          Thanks for any input. Have you had anyone else with this problem? Have you had anyone with the hub hane this issue? Can U use a hub as a PLM to control via homeseer?
                          Thanks
                          Keith

Comment

No its not connected to a florecent

So the strange thing is that this was working - After a long spat of drop outs for about 6 months with no issue. Then my hard drive went out so I reinstalled the os and now get this every day. I have the latest and greatest drivers and plug in.
                            Right now my current set up is making x-10 seem really reliable!
                            Are there any tools for visualizing noise on my line?
                            Im at a loss to know what to do now but scrap it all and go back to manual flip switches.....
                            Thanks for any input. Have you had anyone else with this problem? Have you had anyone with the hub hane this issue? Can U use a hub as a PLM to control via homeseer?
                            Thanks
                            Keith
                            Tons of people have had this noise issue. search this forum for 'usb disconnect'

did you change any other hardware when you reinstalled?

smarthome sells an insteon diag tool but i don't know if it registers/measures noise.

no need to scrap your system. a little research on this forum about this issue will guide you.

I put x10 noise filters on just about everything that could cause noise just so i wouldn't get caught by this down the road.

good luck
                            Last edited by mnsandler; August 9, 2013, 12:12 PM.
                            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

All,

I posted 1.9.3.0 at the top of the thread. Changes:

1. moved the trigger processing code so i could reuse the logic in the HS3 plugin as well.

2. made the config page UI avail for new installation so you can enter the Port info and then restart HS to get going.

Please verify your triggers are still working and post back your results.
                              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

does this show up as 1.0.3.0 instead of 1.9.3.0 ?

Comment

Working...
                                X