X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS2 Insteon PLM Plug-In Version 1.9.1 Beta

All,

I'm starting to work on the HS3 plugin. In order to support both HS2 and HS3, i need to minimize the number of builds of the plugin. This HS2 version includes all the functionality from the two different betas (1.8 & 1.8.1). So FTDI usb support is now included in the standard plugin. See below for enabling the driver.

THIS IS NOT AN HS3 VERSION

As always, if you encounter on error, please post the error report log file and/or the hs log that led up to the problem. Also post your plm model

Enjoy!

The following is a comprehensive list of changes since v1.7.3.1

New Features

- Test communications on multiple devices at once. This will ping each device 4 times and present a summary table at the end.
    - A Cancel button on the Test Communications features.
    - A Repeat button to Test Communications report pages to repeat the test.
    - To disable the port recovery routine for a 2413S for example, add DisableRestart=True to the [config] section of the insteon.ini. You will immediately get the PLM Crashed trigger and the plugin will shutdown.
    - An Interface Stops Responding trigger. this can be used to notify you immediately when an disconnect occurs. The plugin will still try to recovery.
    - User authentication support for Insteon Hub (1.9.2)
    - Added 4th device to manage battery level for motion sensors (1.9.3.4)

Changes
    - The plugin interface port is now on the plugin Config page, not on the HS Setup/Interface page. Your current port will be transferred. Please verify.
    - Additional logging for USB Port Recovery routine.
    - Moved the trigger process from insteon.dll to hspi_insteon.dll to make the code reusable for HS3 (1.9.3.0)
    - Revised motion sensor status to Motion and No Motion (1.9.3.4)

Fixes
    - IO Linc in mode 3
    - Edit Device Location save correctly
    - Hub reset and reprogram
    - Polling was getting re-enabled even when disabled on config page
    - Startup error associated with ProcessInsteonTrigger
    - Sync KPL devices when using radio button groups
    - The Interface Crashes trigger. **You will need to edit the event and resave it to get the latest logic.
    - Other misc bugs
    - Setting Fanlinc default on-level and ramp rates (1.9.1.1)
    - Smoke Bridge statuses (1.9.1.2)
    - Smoke Bridge Smoke Status (1.9.1.3)
    - Read settings error caused 8 btn KPLs to look like 6 btn (1.9.2.1)
    - Error related to CheckRawMessageMatch (1.9.2.3)
    - Micro controllers on/off device controls (1.9.2.3)
    - 6 Btn KPL sync issue between On and Off btn (1.9.2.4)
    - Made config page UI available when working with a new installatoin (1.9.3.0)
    - Version number display (1.9.3.1)
    - Restored config pages (1.9.3.2)
    - Hub configuration settings; see below (1.9.3.7)

New Device Support
    - New Dual-band KPL on/off (022C)
    - DIN Rail devices
    - Water Leak Sensor with heartbeat device
    - Door Sensor with heartbeat device
    - Smoke Bridge
    - EU/Aus RemoteLinc2 series
    - EU/Aus Motion Sensors series

To Install:

The plugin is now in three pieces, you must install all three pieces otherwise you will get an error when you start homeseer.

1. Backup your current hs database and insteon.ini
    2. Shutdown HS
    3. Copy all the DLLs to the homeseer folder, start HS

For new users only: copy the insteon.lf to the homeseer\config (this will provide a 30-day trial license)
    4. Enable the plugin on the hs setup/interface page
    5. Visit the plugin config page, and enter the necessary Port information (either COMx, or Hub IP info; see below)
    6. Restart HS

For the Hub:
    You need to configure the Port on the Config page with the ip address, a colon and the port. ie. 192.168.1.100:8080. This is the same port information you would use to access the Hub's web page. User name and pswd may be required depending on your Hubs firmware.

New Hub insteon.ini settings: Add the following lines to your insteon.ini and adjust at will. These settings are read real time (no need to restart)
    ResponseTime: 3 seconds is the default. this is how long the plugin will wait for a response from the hub before it tries to retransmit.
    GetXMLBufferInterval: 1000 msecs is default. this is the frequency the plugin will poll the hub for new messages. Increase by at least 500 ms increments for testing.

[Hub]
    ResponseTime=3
    GetXMLBufferInterval=1000
    For the 2413U:
    To enable the FTDI driver and port recovery routine for the 2413U, do the following:
    - add PortType=USB to the [config] section of the insteon.ini before starting HS
    Attached Files
    Last edited by mnsandler; October 30, 2013, 11:01 AM.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Hi,
    Installed the new DLLs and all looks good.
    Thanks,

Comment

I upgraded to 1.9.1 too. Seems everything is working, except I'm now getting an error that says:

Code:
      2/21/2013 6:59:47 PM  - Error - Scripting runtime error: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.   at scriptcode1.scriptcode1.Main(Object Params)   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks)   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)   at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke(Object obj, Object[] parameters)   at Scheduler.VsaScriptHost.Invoke(String ModuleName, String MethodName, Object[] Arguments)
      I didn't have that error before upgrading.

Comment

I installed my new Hub yesterday and while I could access it directly via my
        browser - the HS2 plugin would not connect with the Hub.
        Any suggestions what I can do?

Comment

Originally posted by RickL66 View Post
          I upgraded to 1.9.1 too. Seems everything is working, except I'm now getting an error that says:

2/21/2013 6:59:47 PM - Error - Scripting runtime error: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array. at scriptcode1.scriptcode1.Main(Object Params) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner) at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner) at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks) at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture) at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke(Object obj, Object[] parameters) at Scheduler.VsaScriptHost.Invoke(String ModuleName, String MethodName, Object[] Arguments)
          I didn't have that error before upgrading.
          rick,
          do you recognize "scriptcode1"? if so, can you post the script
          Last edited by mnsandler; February 22, 2013, 12:10 PM.
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
          Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
          Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
          Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by Aussie Mate View Post
            I installed my new Hub yesterday and while I could access it directly via my
            browser - the HS2 plugin would not connect with the Hub.
            Any suggestions what I can do?
            i guess you are using plugin v1.9.1 since you are responding to this thread. so its not a plugin version issue.

can you tell me what you entered for the Interface Port on the plugin config page
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
              rick,
              do you recognize "scriptcode1"? if so, can you post the script
              No, I don't recognize scriptcode1 . I will do a file search to see if I have something called scriptcode1.

Comment

Originally posted by RickL66 View Post
                No, I don't recognize scriptcode1 . I will do a file search to see if I have something called scriptcode1.
                Also, do you have any externally registered insteon devices using the external vb script? or do you have either of the other insteon plugins that integrates with mine
                Last edited by mnsandler; February 22, 2013, 12:51 PM.
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
                  Also, do you have any externally registered insteon devices using the external vb script? or do you have either of the other insteon plugins that integrates with mine
                  I found it. It was one of the scripts in the Events --> Actions that I had, but it is not called scriptcode. It was called SaveState.vb . What happened was your new plugin recognized an unlinked device so I removed it. My loop had one less device to loop through so it ran out of items and threw the error. I fixed it and all is good!

Comment

Yes the the plugin version is 1.9.1.0. The port number is 192.168.1.14:8080
                    This is the same ip address that I used to access the hub via my browser.
                    I can also use the homelink software to talk to the hub.

I looked at the error log which seems to say that it is not communicating with the hub. see below:

on Plug-in Error Log Generated 23/02/2013 9:29:14 AM
                    -----------*Error Message*----------------
                    Error: Error in Hub.GetBuffer: Unable to connect to the remote server -- Details System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 192.168.1.14:8080
                    at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
                    at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.InternalConnect(EndPoint remoteEP)

Comment

Yes the the plugin version is 1.9.1.0. The port number is 192.168.1.14:8080
                      This is the same ip address that I used to access the hub via my browser.
                      I can also use the homelink software to talk to the hub.

I looked at the error log which seems to say that it is not communicating with the hub. see below:
                      any firewalls on the hs server blocking outbound?

was your browser access to the hub from the hs server, or another workstation
                      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Mark-
                        I loaded it earlier today and it seems the work. The only comment is the same as the prior version, a reboot of the system was required. I got a number of errors starting up HS without rebooting. After rebooting, it was fine.
                        Paul

Comment

Originally posted by pbibm View Post
                          Mark-
                          I loaded it earlier today and it seems the work. The only comment is the same as the prior version, a reboot of the system was required. I got a number of errors starting up HS without rebooting. After rebooting, it was fine.
                          paul,
                          can you post some of the errors or did you already send them to me
                          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Mark,

The HS is on the same PC as I am using to access the hub so I dont think it is the firewall.
                            I can access the hub using my browser or via the Houselinc software.
                            would a copy of the log file help?

Comment

Mark,

The HS is on the same PC as I am using to access the hub so I dont think it is the firewall.
                              I can access the hub using my browser or via the Houselinc software.
                              would a copy of the log file help?
                              Yes, please post the log showing the errors you are getting?
                              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                              X