This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Placement of Access Points

I have a large Insteon installation in a large home, and I'd like to install two (or perhaps 4) access points around teh house to improve bridging across the two phases, and also to improve RF communications. I can't seem to find any advice about placement of the Access Points, other than that they should be on different phases. Do they need to be as close as possible to each other? or should they be installed in the center of the home? Or both?

Thanks in advance for any help ...

its a bit of an art to placing the APs. there are instructions for making sure two aps can see each other but that should be a second priority.

but you really should just place them where are you are having comm issues. same

can you tell us about the number of devices (power only vs dual band)
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

what did you decide to do
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Sorry for the delay in responding - in the process of moving, which will delay this project by a few months. I'll get back to it this summer.

Thanks for the feedback and advice.

Regards.

Comment

Working...
        X