This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frustrated with Insteon

I have a 2413U that is recognized by the plug in (although when I recently tried to reset it, all I got back was an error but the controller still works). I have 2 2443 dual band repeaters on different legs and different floors. I am trying to use both 2466S and 2466D ToggleLinc switches. No matter what I've tried, I can only get the plugin to find 1 device. If I drop the device I can get the Taplink to find the other one, but never both. No matter whether I try to do it one at a time, or both in the same taplink discovery cycle. I put it in taplink discovery mode and got to the switch and hold the break switch until it beeps and starts blinking. Nothing discovered. If I put in the address manually, it cannot talk to the switch. I can control them with x10 but not insteon. I've searched documents in Smart Labs here and anything else that pops up in Google with no help. I'm ready to give up on Insteon.

Is anybody having similar problems or have any solutions.

Thanks

Both Insteon and Zwave really are a pain IMO. The hardware is overpriced, I have so many Insteon Gen 1 and 2 hardware that is now failing, Zwave is faulty without signal extenders, plugins for HS (insteon) have been flaky at best. Reinitializing them requires a sequence of unplugging controller for a certain period of time. Shutting down server, starting up, running to the other room to plugin before HS starts, etc. Rant over
    HS 3.0.0.199 Pro/Insteon 3.0.5.20/3 Venstar Insteon Therms / Insteon Thermostat 3.0.2.2 / DirecTV 3.0.0.14 / OpenSprinkler 2.0.5.21 / ITunes DAAP 3.0.0.23/ UltraM1G3 3.0.5437.37424/ UltraWeatherbug3 /HSTouch Svr 3.0.0.68/Zwave 3.0.1.25/Ultramon3/Global Cache 5.0.0.17/Various BLXXX Plugins.

Comment

Originally posted by cycleguy View Post
      I have a 2413U that is recognized by the plug in (although when I recently tried to reset it, all I got back was an error but the controller still works). I have 2 2443 dual band repeaters on different legs and different floors. I am trying to use both 2466S and 2466D ToggleLinc switches. No matter what I've tried, I can only get the plugin to find 1 device. If I drop the device I can get the Taplink to find the other one, but never both. No matter whether I try to do it one at a time, or both in the same taplink discovery cycle. I put it in taplink discovery mode and got to the switch and hold the break switch until it beeps and starts blinking. Nothing discovered. If I put in the address manually, it cannot talk to the switch. I can control them with x10 but not insteon. I've searched documents in Smart Labs here and anything else that pops up in Google with no help. I'm ready to give up on Insteon.

Is anybody having similar problems or have any solutions.

Thanks

Mel,

the two devices you are trying to register are not dual-band from what i can tell so the APs (2443) will only help to move the signal from one leg to the other (if they actually recv a msg)

can you try wiring the switches to a cut extension cord and pluging them into an outlet near the PLM and then try the registration process.

I would use the manual entry registration process for switches so you don't have to mess with enabling linking mode (i find tap-adding a waste of time)

all that said, if you are having comm problems, something on your powerline is make noise or sucking signals. You need to diagnose this
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Mark, not to hijack thread (but I just did, sorry)...

Have you heard anything on Sage Insteon Thermostat plugin or are you going to make functionality available with the HS3 Insteon Plugin (BTW, works pretty pretty good so far, just purchased upgrade tonight).

I added them via address to your plugin, they are shown as devices, but of course that's about it.

Toby
        HS 3.0.0.199 Pro/Insteon 3.0.5.20/3 Venstar Insteon Therms / Insteon Thermostat 3.0.2.2 / DirecTV 3.0.0.14 / OpenSprinkler 2.0.5.21 / ITunes DAAP 3.0.0.23/ UltraM1G3 3.0.5437.37424/ UltraWeatherbug3 /HSTouch Svr 3.0.0.68/Zwave 3.0.1.25/Ultramon3/Global Cache 5.0.0.17/Various BLXXX Plugins.

Comment

Originally posted by kuntakintay View Post
          Mark, not to hijack thread (but I just did, sorry)...

Have you heard anything on Sage Insteon Thermostat plugin or are you going to make functionality available with the HS3 Insteon Plugin (BTW, works pretty pretty good so far, just purchased upgrade tonight).

I added them via address to your plugin, they are shown as devices, but of course that's about it.

Toby
          Tom is working on the HS3 version of his Sage plugin, but I don't know the timeframe. I won't be adding that to my plugin.
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
          Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
          Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
          Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Working...
          X