This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Links on Devices

I seem to be having a problem with setting up HS links to a couple of Insteon micro modules devices.
    the HS log says
    " Insteon - Did not receive a response from Kitchen Living Room Lights (1F.E7.A5). Try #5 failed." yet I can turn it on & off ok.

The plugin config tells me in the Device Link table that "Warning: This Insteon device has no links with the HomeSeer interface..." "Please use the 'Program Device for Homeseer' function"

clicking on 'Program Device for Homeseer' does not work
    what does this mean & how do I resolve it?

BTW - i'm using the Hub as the interface and the units are micro modules 2442-522

were you able to register the micro devices without errors?

also are you using a version of the plugin that supports this device? please check the version notes to make sure

might be worth deleting the device from the plugin, doing a factory reset on the device and register it again
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

The plugin version is 1.9.1.3.
      The devices are using Protocol i1 (what ever that means).

I don't know if this device is supported or not.
      it is a Smarthome device
      http://www.insteon.com/pdf/2442-x22.pdf

Comment

the micro controllers are definitely support in 1.9.x. And I know of at least one other user who is using it successfully.

please try this:
        - delete the device from the pluing
        - Manually link the micro device to the hub (ie put hub into linking mode, then put micro into linking mode)
        - now register the device with the plugin
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Thanks mark, the links are now there - this has made the devices response much more stable.

The only thing I noticed is I have had to disable the auto polling of the micro dimmers as they don't seem to respond to the polling.

They do however respond to commands to dim or to turn on ok.

Comment

Working...
          X