This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trials and upgrades

I've just transitioned from the ISY plug-in to the trial version of this one, for various reasons. I'm happy to pay for this plug-in, but I'd like to know what's going to be involved in upgrading to the HS3 version - will there be a "window" entitling one to a free upgrade after paying for the HS2 version? Should I wait 'til the last minute before paying and registering my HS2 trial?

If you need HS3 testers, I'd be interested - I've a fair amount of Insteon and HS experience - I was running Insteon with HS months before HS released a plug-in, using a (fairly crude) plug-in I wrote myself.

- Dennis

Dennis,

I'll refer you to the following thread to help keep tabs on the HS3 plugin. Some of your questions are answered there.

Until I'm close to releasing an HS3 plugin I can't comment on free upgrades. I certainly won't have an fully functioning hs3 plugin in the next 30 days.

Upgrading to hs3 won't be easy from what I've seen. It most likely will require rebuilding events and scripts. I'm trying to at least rebuild the devices based on the existing hs2 database. No guarantees on any of this...its all beta right now.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

I'm kind of in the same boat, ready to buy this plug in, but also ready to jump to HS3 and it just seems silly to buy it for HS2 now then pay for an upgrade in 2 months.
      HS Install Date: Feb. 16, 2007

HS3 Pro, Z-Wave, Insteon, BLStat, HS Touch Server, MyQ

WeatherXML, BLBackup, BLLAN, BLLock, Restart, CaddX, OpenSprinkler

Comment

Working...
      X